MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Could someone help me out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to run a successful Vbulletin forum .
But now I am really interested into making that forum into MyBB .
But the problem is my host had shut down the site due to some reasons and the only backup I have of the Vbulletin forum is from the admin cp (which is in .tar format initially and when extracted is in .sql format)

So ,my question is how could I use just that backup to resurrect my forum running the MyBB software ?

I was under the impression that the support at MyBB would be good .
SO, I've shifted to MyBB .
But still no one could reply with a solution to the problem .
(2011-02-06, 03:32 PM)pg001 Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that the support at MyBB would be good .

You can't wait more than an hour and a half for volunteers to give up their free time, during the weekend?? We do not live on here. We are allowed to do other things with our time.

You'd simply need to import your vB backup to a new database, and run the merge system...
(2011-02-06, 03:32 PM)pg001 Wrote: [ -> ]I was under the impression that the support at MyBB would be good .
SO, I've shifted to MyBB .
But still no one could reply with a solution to the problem .

Hah you do realize that Matt replied within 2 hours on a weekened! Everyone on this site, even the staff, are volunteers. They do this in their free time, you don't even have to pay for the forum software itself or 80% of the plugins that come along with it!

Patience...young padewan...
My apologies .
Could you please elaborate the process as I really don't know how to
import vB backup to a new database, and run the merge system...
Yes, import the vB backup in a new database, then run the merge system.
You've said the exact thing what matt said.

I have no idea how to do it
There's plenty of documentation on running the merge system if you look for it. Click 'Downloads' in the header, then 'Download the MyBB Merge System...', you'll be given information on it, and a link to documentation on how to run it: [Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Install MyBB, make a new database, import your vB backup to that database, download the Merge System, upload the /convert/ folder to your MyBB forum root folder, and then run the merge system.
Quote:import your vB backup to that database

How to do this part ?
You import databases in phpMyAdmin. Choose the database you want to import it to, click the Import tab along the top, then browse for the backup, and click Go.
Hi .
I tried it.
The phpMyAdmin allows database of only 50 Mb and mine is 65 Mb
What should I do ?
Pages: 1 2