MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ye Olde False Flag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ye Olde False Flag is an internet community for individuals to discuss topics ranging from current international events, to chemtrails and weather, conspiracies and coincidences, or any other newsworthy incidents happening in our world.

This website is not anti-government, nor do we support terrorism in any form. We do believe in truth and justice for all people.

http://yeoldefalseflag.com

Receiving MySQL query errors while visiting index,

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1030 - Got error 28 from storage engine
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_myadvertisements_advertisements WHERE zone=1 AND (expire>1297118695 OR unlimited=1) ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1
(2011-02-07, 10:45 PM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Receiving MySQL query errors while visiting index,

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1030 - Got error 28 from storage engine
Query:
SELECT * FROM mybb_myadvertisements_advertisements WHERE zone=1 AND (expire>1297118695 OR unlimited=1) ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 1

My host's server was down for a few. They didn't say what the issue was, and as long as I didn't cause it I was happy!
Just moved to a .com recently. The forum is about 2 months old.

Moving wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, although a lot of the content got cut off or went missing...lol.

How can I improve my site?
I added several needed forums to the board.

Who here knows forums? Should I look around for a custom designed theme?

Any feedback would be appreciated! Good, bad, other...

Thanks!
Kinda weird with your "Disclaimer" category. I'd turn it into a thread and post a link in the head with the search, calendar, etc. links.
Also try centering your top sites links, or put them in the footer. And tbh an image would be more attention-getting.
Change the lightbulb icons to something more unique to your site, the black dots don't fit in.
Good job with the privacy policy.
Consider getting the Google SEO plugin installed: http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-seo

And I honestly don't see the point of this forum, it's really weird. It's going to take a lot of dedication and work to get it rolling.
Maybe it's one of those weird forums like HackForums that get huge and such, but I'm a little doubtful of it's survival.
Banner doesn't match.
I'm disgusted by the overall brown look.
And there's far too much spacing on the theme... wait, what size is the font as well?

It feels like I'm "zoomed in" which I'm not.
(2011-04-03, 09:53 AM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda weird with your "Disclaimer" category. I'd turn it into a thread and post a link in the head with the search, calendar, etc. links.
Also try centering your top sites links, or put them in the footer. And tbh an image would be more attention-getting.
Change the lightbulb icons to something more unique to your site, the black dots don't fit in.
Good job with the privacy policy.
Consider getting the Google SEO plugin installed: http://mods.mybb.com/view/google-seo

And I honestly don't see the point of this forum, it's really weird. It's going to take a lot of dedication and work to get it rolling.
Maybe it's one of those weird forums like HackForums that get huge and such, but I'm a little doubtful of it's survival.

Thank you for your thoughts and comments they are greatly appreciated!

Moved the disclaimer text inside it's own link at the top. Looks better.
The top-sites link is something I didn't know what to do with, I aligned it center. Looks Better.

Added Forum Icons, will look into changing the forum designators.

The point of this forum is the point of every other forum. Talk about what interests you. Not everybody is into gaming, and "what's your favorite color" type of boards.

This board HERE which has a similar topic style is doing pretty well.
Changed some things, added some things, deleted others....

Things are looking up...

Thanks for the feedback!

Going for a major theme change at some point...any tips?
(2011-06-09, 05:50 PM)Caiaphas Wrote: [ -> ]Changed some things, added some things, deleted others....

Things are looking up...

Thanks for the feedback!

Going for a major theme change at some point...any tips?

Make sure you choose a color scheme that fits the community well. And if you can afford it, definitely have a custom theme made, there's a lot you can do there.
Pages: 1 2