MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trash Can
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be nice to have a trach can set up on the Admin CP under "Forum Management". You can create a forum only for the purpose of deleted posts/threads. While setting up the Trash Can forum, you can have choices about member groups that have abilities to delete posts/threads.

Let's say that the usergroup "Admin", "Moderator" , "SuperModerator" have the ability to delete posts/threads. When you go on to set up the trash can, there are these checkbox options. They will ask "Use Trash-Can set up for <usergroup>". If you click yes, whenever they delete a post/thread, instead of deleting it permanently, it will just move the post to the designated trash can forum you selected.
Like this Idea very much!
I dont like it. Just my opinion. I think when the board is "pruned" there should be an option to create an archive "folder" (forum) with the deleted posts instead of just deleting them. With my idea you'd still have the option of deleting them if you so wanted to. For all I know my version is what you mean by yours. Your description was a little confusing to me. Smile
TemplatesForAll Wrote:I dont like it. Just my opinion. I think when the board is "pruned" there should be an option to create an archive "folder" (forum) with the deleted posts instead of just deleting them. With my idea you'd still have the option of deleting them if you so wanted to. For all I know my version is what you mean by yours. Your description was a little confusing to me. Smile

that was the same conceptBig Grin
Seeing as you can already move threads I don't see much point in changing the delete functionality into a "move" functionality. Different actions to just deleting with scheduled prunes would be useful however.
Lobster Wrote:Seeing as you can already move threads I don't see much point in changing the delete functionality into a "move" functionality. Different actions to just deleting with scheduled prunes would be useful however.

It takes longer to move the thread to a different forum than just selecting it and clicking delete (per se). This is so that it's easier for mod's or admins to delete threads but also have them for reference later on.
Cory Wrote:
Lobster Wrote:Seeing as you can already move threads I don't see much point in changing the delete functionality into a "move" functionality. Different actions to just deleting with scheduled prunes would be useful however.

It takes longer to move the thread to a different forum than just selecting it and clicking delete (per se). This is so that it's easier for mod's or admins to delete threads but also have them for reference later on.

Yeah, and maybe you don't want your mods to know that a trashcan exists!
Oh yeah, you can turn this feature on or off too if you'd like Wink
Basically exactly like the trash can feature IPB has then?
Yeah, pretty much. Most of the features that I seen here in this forum software is what IPB, WBB or other forum softwares use as well.