MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My website looks bad under IE(all versions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How it looks in Chrome/Firefox

[attachment=21532]

How it looks in IE6,7,8,9
[attachment=21533]

And that is a small portion of what is wrong, the other pages are also waaay off.

I have no idea how to fix it.
Check your border settings for one.
(2011-02-07, 06:23 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]My website looks bad under IE

So it's functioning normally.
All in all, it's going to take a lot of extra work to make it cross-browser compatible (exactly the same in all browsers) especially because you cant always take into account the other weird browsers people use.

IMO what I do or what I would do is make it look the best it can in IE, even if that means it doesn't have key features (like CSS3) and then put an IF IE statement in and put a notice to users.
This is why I <3 <table> over <div>. Toungue
I don't bother with IE and don't make my sites IE compatible XD (at least for the 6 and 7 versions)
(2011-02-08, 01:43 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]I don't bother with IE and don't make my sites IE compatible XD (at least for the 6 and 7 versions)

Ouch, 70% of you're poor visitors are sad. Sad
The long awaited solution:

1. Put this in header for IE users:
"You are currently browsing the web using a crappy browser. To enjoy the internet to the maximum, please use a decent browser such as Firefox and Chrome"

2. Solved Big Grin
(2011-02-09, 07:24 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]The long awaited solution:

1. Put this in header for IE users:
"You are currently browsing the web using a crappy browser. To enjoy the internet to the maximum, please use a decent browser such as Firefox and Chrome"

2. Solved Big Grin

And drive away most of your traffic. Brilliant!
Pages: 1 2