MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Option to find who is using a given theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Themes page in my Admin CP tells me there are 3 users of a particular theme I have installed--is there any way to tell which 3?
You'd have to browse through the users table in your database, and look at the style column.
(2011-02-07, 11:08 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You'd have to browse through the users table in your database, and look at the style column.

I wish I knew php, a plugin could totally be made for this purpose. Actually, I might try later, I know some basics, connecting to the db to gather info and displaying it shouldn't be too hard.
It wouldn't be a hard plugin, no, but just out of curiosity what do you need this for?
I might go ahead and work on this plugin tonight if you wish... But I'm sure someone else will beat me to it.
It's OK, I've found it via an SQL query against the database. I just could have sworn I'd seen an option to do it via MyBB. Must have been dreaming I guess.

I want it because I have thousands of people on one theme and literally half a dozen on another. I want to delete the second theme but before I do I'd like to know whether those few people are still active members and whether they're "important" members.

So thanks for the replies. I'm satisfied knowing that I hadn't missed something, and I've found the specific information I wanted via the back door. [You might still want to make a plugin though, I'm sure someone will find it useful.]
I remember this is part of SMF feature.
But useless Wink
(2011-02-08, 03:55 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]I remember this is part of SMF feature.
But useless Wink

It's obviously not useless if somebody wants it, and if it's already a feature in a widely known forum software.

ii R2 iZ iLL Wrote:I might go ahead and work on this plugin tonight if you wish... But I'm sure someone else will beat me to it.

You go ahead man, I got work I need to do at home lol! I've never even made a MyBB plugin, just edit a buddies forum software he made, that's my php experience.
fyi, I figured out what made me think I'd seen an option to do it in MyBB--when you display User Groups in the Admin CP one of the options is "List Users". That's what I was thinking of.
I've started work on a plugin that will do this. I'm not sure if Mini ever finished his, but if he did we can have a showdown. Big Grin

EDIT: Just finished the plugin. It's called "ThemePeek" so watch the Plugins Releases forum for it. Smile
Pages: 1 2