MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: config file in upload folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The upload folder for 1.6 contains in folder .inc a file (config.default.php).
Should this be changed to (config.php) before uploading to forum site folder (or is it configured at install script time.
Wiki install says you should CHMOD config.php (it does not exist in upload folder) as part of install?

Thank you DavidK
AFAIK, it creates the config.php after installing it. At least, I think so.
If it is not automatically changed from config.default.php to config.php, then you'll need to manually rename it (and CHMOD all required files).
Yes, as Spencer said, you need to manually change it from config.default.php to config.php before running the installer.
(2011-02-08, 06:30 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, as Spencer said, you need to manually change it from config.default.php to config.php before running the installer.

Thank you for advice I found it in download Documentation!

I have tried to install 1.6.1 after deleting 1.4 due to hostile abuse by 2.5K users.

Host supports MySQL 5.0.

I have tried to run install at www.unifiedtranslators.com/forums/install/ and get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /**/***/*/*/unifiedtranslators.com/**/forums/inc/class_core.php on line 18

I have checked all folders and files CHMODs appear OK. I have left the site in this current state, maybe you can make install work? Any advice help please.

DavidK.

Your host still only has PHP 4 support, and MyBB 1.6 requires PHP 5.1. PHP 5 should be standard on hosts these days.
(2011-02-09, 08:16 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Your host still only has PHP 4 support, and MyBB 1.6 requires PHP 5.1. PHP 5 should be standard on hosts these days.

Sorry I wasted your time, I made mistake MySQL4 to 5 not php, clicked switch on host to php 5.2.9 and installed all working fine.

Thankyou,

Davidk.