MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Promotion System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a promotion for the registered group, so when they reach 3 posts they are promoted to the members group. However, when I recounted the users posts an ran the update promotions task, only 1 member was moved, evenn though more members have a higher post count.

I set it to 3 so members can't post in specific forums until they reach it the required post count, but now I have 38 members still in that registered group, and only 1 has moved. Is there anything I can do to make the rest of the members that have a higher post count than 3 move to the other group?
It'll only promote them if the user was active since the task was last run. i.e., the task is run, and any users who are active between that point and the next run, and who meet the promotion requirements, will be promoted by the next run.
You can change the task to make it run more frequently, though.
So in other words, the next time they post they will be promoted?
Not the next time they post necessarily, they just have to have been online since the task was last run. Say you make a task and 100 people are eligible for it. The task runs and nobody gets promoted yet. Between then and when the task next runs, 5 of those 100 people come online, and when the task runs again, they'll be promoted as they've been active since the task was last run.
Ok great, thank you for clearing it up. Solved!