MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can i get hacked if i set BOT permissions to Admin ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Neither am I?? Where are you getting these ideas from?? You can PM me to continue this discussion as we're spamming this thread.
Basically, this is a problem that should never have existed in the first place. There is absolutely no need to set them to appear as admins, so to do it and then ask if it'll pose any threats, when you're not gaining anything from it, seems a bit peculiar. If you're worried about it, and it's not going to do anything, don't bother doing it.
Yes, you can be hacked if you give funny permissions to bots.
(2011-02-08, 09:04 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can be hacked if you give funny permissions to bots.

The thing is they need to be logged in to make use of those permissions, and once logged in they're no longer considered bots because they have an sid.
@OP: If you discuss cPanel details and any other confidential info in Admin Section, you can be hacked very easily.

I don't know much about sid thingies though. Keep tuned to other's replies.
(2011-02-09, 07:18 AM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]@OP: If you discuss cPanel details and any other confidential info in Admin Section, you can be hacked very easily.

I don't know much about sid thingies though. Keep tuned to other's replies.

Well yeah that may work I haven't tried it. They don't need to be logged in to view anything so that should work for bots.
Can i atleast change to VIP.So that my VIP data is indexed ?
You could create a new group for bots...
(2011-02-10, 07:30 AM)hellothere1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can i atleast change to VIP.So that my VIP data is indexed ?

Showing Google content that your guests cannot see is called cloaking, if Google find out you're doing it (which they do), they'll just push your ranking way down. It's not worth doing.
(2011-02-10, 09:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-10, 07:30 AM)hellothere1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can i atleast change to VIP.So that my VIP data is indexed ?

Showing Google content that your guests cannot see is called cloaking, if Google find out you're doing it (which they do), they'll just push your ranking way down. It's not worth doing.

Ok.So it's best to keep guest ? Ok Thanks
Pages: 1 2