MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reinstallation Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I did a bad thing with MyBB, and am at a very sorry state. I won't go into details - because it's embarrassing Wink - but I was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand.

My forum is at:

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Forum/

When I made the mistake, thankfully I saved the database information as SQL files. When I tried to get back to the state before I messed up, you can see the result.

After installing again - new - myBB, I went into phpMyAdmin and tried to upload the SQL files. Unfortunately it didn't work quite as I hoped.

Is there anyway to get back to a "normal" state, without losing all the information? TIA!

Matt Bittner
login and change the default theme.

reinstall the default theme by hitting the create theme button.

it looks mostly like your forum templates and theme are gone.
You have to import the mybb_themes table in the database, only import that tables for now.

just a little question, dont you have an exported xml theme file ?

regards
squall_leonhart69r Wrote:login and change the default theme.

reinstall the default theme by hitting the create theme button.

it looks mostly like your forum templates and theme are gone.

I can't find the "create theme button". Do you mean in the Themes panel on the left, select "Add"? I did that - now how do I change the Theme for the whole forum?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

Matt Bittner
on the manage themes page in admincp click that new themes drop down menu and select as default theme.

then check your main page
Forgive me. When I get into the AdminCP, I don't see a "manage themes page". The first thing I see is the Control Panel in the main frame, and a bunch of small areas on the left frame. But nothing there has "manage themes page".

Again, thanks for the patience and sorry for not seeing what you're talking about.
zaher1988 Wrote:You have to import the mybb_themes table in the database, only import that tables for now.

just a little question, dont you have an exported xml theme file ?

No, I don't have an exported xml theme file. Is this good for backups, then?
ok on the left side of the screen will be a seperate panel with boxes on it that have links to all the different configuration aspects of the site.

go down to the themes box and click modify/delete.

then either, create a new theme, (it will default to the original mybb page) and set that to default.

that should also create default templates... and allow you to start rebuilding your themes
Ah, excellent, thank you.

Unfortunately that didn't change anything. It appears my default template is messed up. Somehow I'll have to correct that.
download this

unpack it then import it in the modify/delete themes section (its in the Themes box on the left panel)
Pages: 1 2