MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post2host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of making a Post2host company.
I am not really sure how to set one up.

Would i need a Reseller account from a hosting company?
I was going to do everything, integrating like sitefrost has on there MyBB forum.

Thank you.
There are many P2H companies on the net already, but good luck with it anyway Wink

Yes, to setup a P2H you would need at least a reseller account so that you're able to provide users with hosting, but I'd suggest you going with VPS if you're serious about this, because that will allow you to do basically anything you want with the site and usually it's more reliable than reseller account.

Again, good luck Wink
Like Andraz said, a VPS might be a better choice but it'll be more expensive...

And sorry but it must be said...

Another project????

Lolz. Best of luck...
If you have no idea, then don't start. The main reason i haven't started a P2H or a free host is because i am not solid completely in shell and linux commands. If you don't even have a fair hand in it really. If you don't know how to do it right, right now, really don't bother, it will just ruin a good future chance. Also you don't have the best record for staying on projects.
Given your rep with creating and closing forums as if it's some sort of bodily function, I'm not sure you're really up for this.

Quote:I am not really sure how to set one up.

This is the other thing. If you don't know anything about hosting, you shouldn't start a business that revolves around it. That's like wanting to start a car dealership and not knowing how to turn a key.
Shameless plug.
(2011-02-09, 03:06 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Given your rep with creating and closing forums as if it's some sort of bodily function, I'm not sure you're really up for this.

Oh god, oh god, where's the quote thread? This must appear in it.
OP reported this so I am guessing he wants it closed...

/Closed.