MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Can't Fit All My Code Into Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I set up a navigation system in dreamweaver using html and I have just copied it into my header template and saved it, but because it is so long the template will not accept all the code, it seems to have a limit on what it can accept because it isn't showing up correct so when I go into the header template to edit it I realised that only around half the code I pasted into the template is there, and the template ends mid-code.

I tried to paste the code back in several times but it just won't let me fit it all in.

How can I either make it let me fit it all in, or get around it?

Thanks,

James
You're most probably hitting the MySQL text limit. The templates are stored in the database as text. The text field type in MySQL can store up to 65,535 bytes. So if your template is more than that it will get cut off.
65,535 bytes is a huge amount of text, why do you have so much html in the header? I'm sure theres ways you can reduce it. If you post it here we could take a look.

Anyway, if you must have such huge data in templates then you can change the structure of the templates table and change the field to mediumtext or longtext.