MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Enter Text in Custom Profile Fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I added custom profile text fields to MyBB 1.0.7. The fields display but do not accept any text entries.

-Jab
Hey,

Upon creating a new custom profile field, the Maximum Length is always blank, so you need to specify a length before being able to input anything there.

last but not least, there is no 1.0.7 version Smile .

regards
please update to mybb 1.1.2 before asking for support.
Quote:please update to mybb 1.1.2 before asking for support.
no need for that, he is not using a very old version, let's say RC4. Plus to all that, he has typed his version wrong, so who knows what version.

regards
Chris Boulton Wrote:First, a bit of a warning. These old MyBB versions contain security vulnerabilities which are mostly known to the public. Using them in a production environment is a mistake. We also do not provide support for these versions.

MyBB 1.0 PR 2

MyBB 1.0

MyBB 1.02

MyBB 1.03

MyBB 1.04

MyBB 1.1

if it is an old version i would say its a good idea to update to 1.1.2 Wink
Well his case is applied to all the most latest versions, so it is not something that was a problem in the old versions and now it is not in the latest one, and that limits what was described as , "we dont support older version".

regards
Thanks Zaher.

My apology, I am on the latest version of MyBB 1.1.2. not 1.0.7.
When you edit the Custom Profile Field in the Admin CP, make sure that the "Field Length" setting is a number larger than 0