MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've installed MyBB yesterday and did some configuration on it.
Now I like to perform some changes to the theme and other configuration.

Well, these things I'd like to have changed:

- My memberlist is somehow not showing
In the configuration is 'Enable Member List Functionality' set to 'yes'.

- MyCode is not showing in the post new message textbox.
'Clickable MyCode Editor' is set to 'yes'

- When a not registered user visit my forum, there is a announcement showing named 'Welcome to the Forums.' Are you able to set this off?

- How to change some theme settings?
I know this is a very stupid question, but I've worked with phpBB before.

- Optional :: I have a dark theme on my forum, and I'd like to change the textarea's, dropdowns also to a dark/shadow background instead of that light what I have now.

- When a users' post is deleted, the post count still stays on the number before, even when all his posts are deleted. Are you able to decrease the forum post count when a users' post is deleted??

- On the User CP there is row named 'Personal Notepad'. Within that row, there is showed a textarea with only 1 coll. (Very small). Is there a way to increase this Personal Notepad coll?

I hope someone is able to help me with a question, or maybe all Smile

Thank you very much,
Reno
(2011-02-09, 05:14 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]- My memberlist is somehow not showing
In the configuration is 'Enable Member List Functionality' set to 'yes'.

- MyCode is not showing in the post new message textbox.
'Clickable MyCode Editor' is set to 'yes'

URL and test account??

(2011-02-09, 05:14 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]- When a not registered user visit my forum, there is a announcement showing named 'Welcome to the Forums.' Are you able to set this off?

Considering the fact this isn't default, it's either something you've added, or something that comes with your theme.

(2011-02-09, 05:14 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]- How to change some theme settings?
I know this is a very stupid question, but I've worked with phpBB before.

ACP > Templates & Style > **choose theme** > edit the settings...

(2011-02-09, 05:14 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]- Optional :: I have a dark theme on my forum, and I'd like to change the textarea's, dropdowns also to a dark/shadow background instead of that light what I have now.

ACP > Templates & Style > **choose theme** > global.css > edit the CSS here.

(2011-02-09, 05:14 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]- When a users' post is deleted, the post count still stays on the number before, even when all his posts are deleted. Are you able to decrease the forum post count when a users' post is deleted??

It should do this anyway, how are you deleting the posts??

(2011-02-09, 05:14 PM)Tankey Wrote: [ -> ]- On the User CP there is row named 'Personal Notepad'. Within that row, there is showed a textarea with only 1 coll. (Very small). Is there a way to increase this Personal Notepad coll?

You're using a theme that's been made for MyBB 1.4. Add this to the global.css of your theme:

.hiddenrow {
	display: none;
}
.selectall {
	background-color: #FFFBD9;
	font-weight: bold;
	text-align: center;
}
Hello,

Thank you for your fast reply!

1. URL -> www.deltacommanders.com/test
test user -> user: demo || pass: demo321

2. Okay, thanks for letting me know. I will change layout of the forum.

3. I've actually ment forum layout. But I think it will be almost the same as your answer you gave me by this question.

4. Thanks, I will take a look and try somethings myselfSmile

5. I think I've made a mistake. I deleted a forum where the post has made in. I've just performed a recount and now is it back to 'normal'.

6. Yea that's right. But the most things are working correct so it don't bother me that much. I will add it and thanks again for your answers!!!

Reno
Hello,

That code you listed before about the notepad thing didn't work.
It's still showed with 1 collSad

Reno
Hello,

I'm experiencing a Attachment bug too.. (I think it's a bug.,)
When I go to Forum Management, and allow the 'Allowed to post attachments' by a group, save it, save the forum settings and then I'm looking back at settings it is again disabled..
Could there be a setting that is wrong?

Other things I'd like to solve:

- Memberlist error
Memberlist is not showing, even if it's enabled

- MyCode error
MyCode is not showing in textarea

- UCP Notepad
My forum theme is 1.4, but how to increase the table rows?
The memberlist shows OK for me, but there's no forums so I can't test the MyCode editor.

And oops, that's CSS for a different issue, my bad Toungue Add this to the usercp.css for your theme:

.usercp_notepad {
	width: 99%;
}
Hello,

I found out that the creator of the style didn't add the members.php.
So I've added that myself. Same for the notepadSmile just edit the HTML code.

I'm sorry for the not showing forum, I've just added itSmile
it shows up fine for me, make sure it's enabled in your UserCP Options.
Oh, is there also a setting for it in ucp?

My bad :x. Sorry, blame me
Yeah, but it's enabled by default; User CP > Edit Options > Other Options > Show the MyCode formatting options on the posting pages. > make sure this is ticked.
Hello,

that setting is enabled on my account, however I still don't see the custom mycodes that I've madeSad
Oh, right, you're expecting to see custom MyCodes there, I didn't realise that's what you were saying... that doesn't happen by default, you need to edit the code to add custom MyCodes to the editor.