MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't get the activation email to send
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a search function, but I can't find any threads on the subject, so if I'm wrong there, send me to a thread or just help me here.

I'm running a forum at http://www.crisis-averted.org

The people that have signed up so far (including 10 minutes before this post) I have had to directly activate the accounts because all of them have told me they aren't getting the activation email.

all of my settings appear to be in order, but tell me what I might be missing.
Run this test, do you get the email?? [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Go to Tools & Maintenance >> System Mail Log. What do you see?
I figured out that I didn't have postfix installed, but now it is.

and as for the system mail log, a lot of this:

Account Activation at Crisis Averted!
[email protected]
MyBB was unable to send the email using the PHP mail() function. 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM
That's pretty much self explanatory. Um, did you try running the test again?
postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory
Mail was sent by PHP

this was what I got
(2011-02-11, 12:46 AM)KittenCollision Wrote: [ -> ]postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory
Mail was sent by PHP

this was what I got

You'd have to talk to your host or ask someone else for help. Server configuration is sorta beyond our scope. Sorry.
I AM the host xD I'll troubleshoot with #php and #archlinux thanks guys
yeah, so I got rid of the error, and I'm getting a mail when I run that script, but nobody is getting their activation emails, ideas?