MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help. Settings revert back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So here is my weird problem. My board used to be located on a different host but I switched hosts. I got it all set up and It's been fine up until now. I fixed the settings.php and config.php so its all according to my new domain and such. But for some reason when I login to the admin CP and change anything in the settings my board settings revert back to the old settings.

It started when I changed the signature size limit and then when I hit "view forum" it tried to direct me to my old site which doesn't exist anymore. So I checked the settings.php and it reverted to the old host. The other settings stay the same but things such as $settings['bburl'] change back to the old site. Which is very weird I have no idea why this would happen.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix it? I hate having to manually change my settings in settings.php. I'd really appreciate it.
You have to change the settings in the ACP according to the changes to you made in settings.php.
(2011-02-10, 03:11 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]You have to change the settings in the ACP according to the changes to you made in settings.php.

I did. But for some reason that's still happening. I may have missed something though what are the things I have to change?
Did you CHMOD 777 your config.php and settings.php files?
When you've edited settings.php, you have to go into your AdminCP and make the change permanent.
(2011-02-10, 07:29 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]When you've edited settings.php, you have to go into your AdminCP and make the change permanent.

That was my solution but he said it didn't work. Undecided