MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Scammers - Windows Support Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

I got a phone call Yesterday while my parents where at work from some women claiming to be from 'Windows Support Group' and that my computer had a virus. I was convinced my computer doesn't have a virus and told her. She keep saying 'You don't understand, I am from Windows Support Group' and keep repeating that.

I asked/demanded for her Microsoft/Windows employee number and she gave me her telephone number instead (ROFL). I told her that if there was a virus on my computer, I think I could deal with it, and told her not to call back otherwise things would get more serious...

So what did she do around 40 minutes ago... Call up (3rd time today). I was Asleep (Busy day) and my mum woke me up and said there is a phone call so I answered it and there again was this women from 'Windows Support Group' and told her that I told her not to call back else I would be more serious so I 'told her off' and gave Microsoft a call (Bill gates directly (/jk)) and told them of this and apparently, it happened before and there lawyers took care of it but its starting back up again.

I just feel bad for the people who have less IT knowledge and would fall for a scam. Wouldn't be hard.

There website is: http://windowssupport.info/ (I know as if Windows would use .info Wink)
And the number they use is: 1-800-206-1133

So be careful Wink
(2011-02-10, 05:44 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]There website is: http://windowssupport.info/ (I know as if Windows would use .info Wink)

*cough* microsoft.info *cough* Toungue

Anyway, damn scammers.
* Sajuuk coughs then lols
These scambags are very annoying. I've never had anything like this yet, so yeah Smile
Microsoft is not responsible for viruses on a computer. If you get one, it's up to you, not them Toungue
(2011-02-10, 05:50 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-10, 05:44 PM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]There website is: http://windowssupport.info/ (I know as if Windows would use .info Wink)

*cough* microsoft.info *cough* Toungue

Anyway, damn scammers.
Yes, but it redirects and has the classic Microsoft design Toungue
(2011-02-10, 05:58 PM)Shukaku Wrote: [ -> ]* Shukaku coughs then lols
These scambags are very annoying. I've never had anything like this yet, so yeah Smile
Microsoft is not responsible for viruses on a computer. If you get one, it's up to you, not them Toungue
Exactly. I was suspicious when they didn't even know what type of computer I had, What OS Version, and didn't even have a reference number either. Already alerting their webhost of this.
LOL Next time they call, just say "... I'm a Microsoft Support Technician..."
ROFL, I should do that Toungue Thats a good idea Toungue
Yeah I learned you have to stump them, that'll kill the annoying calls.

I was getting several from a local ISP company to switch to their service.

So one day, they called & offered, and I told them up front "I burn over 500GB of traffic per month" which isn't true, but their response was "Oh.. and your current ISP has no problem with it? Alright... Bye."

Haven't heard from them since, lol.

And I'm sure if you told them you were a Microsoft employee, especially a Technician, that'll scare'em off.
500gb is so low. I sometimes do a little over 1TB, sometimes 2
I lolled. Id just tell them I was on linux (which I usually am).

I've had phone calls from "banks" before a few times - best one was when they called me in France and I just kept them for 10 minutes before telling them they were on premium rate to a number outside the UK ;D
(2011-02-10, 06:45 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]500gb is so low. I sometimes do a little over 1TB, sometimes 2

lol Well, from here, we don't have speeds over 25mbps
And any speeds over 25mbps generally is around 60 to 100 bucks.
Most speeds are 10 - 15mbps, yeah low I know.

With that, most ISP caps are around 60 - 100GB.

So, 500GB was enough to scare them off.
Pages: 1 2 3 4