MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member being placed in groups on moderation powers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

When I give a user powers to moderate a forum, they get placed on a group for some odd reason and no they can't freely join.

Any help?
Do they get placed in the moderators group..? Because by default if you can moderate a forum you get the moderator usergroup.
No, its a VIP group with no mod permissions.
What, you're saying them making a moderator of a forum actually changes their usergroup?? It changes their group to group 6 (I didn't think it changed their usergroup...), but that's it... have you changed which group is which, i.e. is this VIP group the old moderators group??
Yes, it is the group 6 which was the old moderator group. Is there any way to resolve the issue?
If you've changed the groups around, you'll need to edit the code and change what group it moves them to, it's line 2129 of ./admin/modules/forum/management.php, change the 6 to the group you want.
Ok, just to make sure, they don't get ModCP access if they only moderate a forum correct?
Well that's what I'm a bit confused about; I always thought that adding a user as a moderator to a forum didn't change their usergroup, this not giving them Mod CP access, but it seems it doeschange their usergroup, and it's adding them to the moderators usergroup, which does have Mod CP access... so either it's always done this and I've not realised all this time, or at some point the code's been changed to change their group. I'll investigate.
Thank you, I'm just noticing this as well. It dose not do it right away, I notice it after an hour or two.
It wouldn't only change their group after an hour or two, it changes their group when you add them as a moderator...
Pages: 1 2