MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: YouTube Blocked or Not?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is YouTube blocked or not at your school or workplace?

It's always been blocked here at my school, although someone must have turned the filters off as I could get onto it a couple week ago.
Mine isn't blocked, neither is Facebook or Twitter. But a lot of other websites are blocked (games especially). And we've got very restrictive permissions on Windows.
I promise you that everywhere is less restrictive than what i have to put up with -.-'
Mine aren't either. No websites are blocked as well, cause there are no Admins, and even if there were, they don't even know when the PCs are infected with viruses
Youtube wanst blocked about a month ago, then people started to use firefox portable to get round our security. Thus youtube was blocked as a punishment Toungue Its pretty annoying actually, I have to login to my admin account to use it XD
(2011-02-11, 07:20 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube wanst blocked about a month ago, then people started to use firefox portable to get round our security. Thus youtube was blocked as a punishment Toungue Its pretty annoying actually, I have to login to my admin account to use it XD

You could always use a mobile device to view Youtube
(2011-02-11, 07:20 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube wanst blocked about a month ago, then people started to use firefox portable to get round our security. Thus youtube was blocked as a punishment Toungue Its pretty annoying actually, I have to login to my admin account to use it XD

Use a SSH tunnel to your home computer as a SOCKS proxy... thats what I do at work Wink
It was, then i made a stunning case and got the support of about half our teachers Big Grin
(2011-02-11, 08:27 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]It was, then i made a stunning case and got the support of about half our teachers Big Grin

Care to share it with us? I've been trying to do the same for months now lol
(2011-02-11, 08:52 PM)Charlie Hadden Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-11, 08:27 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]It was, then i made a stunning case and got the support of about half our teachers Big Grin

Care to share it with us? I've been trying to do the same for months now lol

There is a lot of educational information about green efficant ways, intrustions on music, math. There is debating tuts, etc. Just say all the good things, and get teachers on your side.
Pages: 1 2 3 4