MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post icons: change GIF to PNG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would anyone know where I could make the change to have the post icon references be PNG instead of GIF?

Thanks!
Well, the images are from the Silk collection (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/) and all you'd really need to do is upload the according images and change the path of the post icons to .png.
(2011-02-11, 08:27 PM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the images are from the Silk collection (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/) and all you'd really need to do is upload the according images and change the path of the post icons to .png.

What I am looking for is where that path is - do you know?
forumdisplay_thread and search_results_threads_thread

Find:
{$theme['imgdir']}/{$folder}.gif

Replace with:
{$theme['imgdir']}/{$folder}.png
Did as u told, replaced in both templates from .gif to .png but not working.
(2012-10-17, 10:46 PM)uzurpatoru Wrote: [ -> ]Did as u told, replaced in both templates from .gif to .png but not working.

You'll need to upload the .png's too...
Well, you could just change the extensions on your PNG's to .gif and they'll work without any quality lost.
@ WebOutfit: i uploaded 1 png in the place of "star.gif", as "star.png", just to see if it works, and it didn't. The icon dissapeared and the "Star" text appeared. So it's not working.

@ Scois0n: This i didn't tryed.
(2012-10-18, 10:59 AM)uzurpatoru Wrote: [ -> ]@ WebOutfit: i uploaded 1 png in the place of "star.gif", as "star.png", just to see if it works, and it didn't. The icon dissapeared and the "Star" text appeared. So it's not working.

That is because you probably did not edit the template to change the .gif to .png

Change the template and then upload the png.
(2012-10-18, 10:59 AM)uzurpatoru Wrote: [ -> ]@ WebOutfit: i uploaded 1 png in the place of "star.gif", as "star.png", just to see if it works, and it didn't.

You should upload it as star.gif (a PNG file with the name star.gif).

Of course if you can change .gif to .png in a template then that's nicer, but MyBB has hardcoded .gif in JavaScript so you'd have to change code for those (collapse.gif collapse_collapsed.gif color.gif off.gif offlock.gif on.gif postbit_multiquote.gif postbit_multiquote_on.gif spinner_big.gif television.gif), probably more hardcoded ones in PHP, I haven't checked.
Pages: 1 2