MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Is there a way that I can connect my forum database to my main website? Furthermore, I mean I want to use my forum database, and create cookies, to let users to login to my website.

Jenkin
Anything is possible, connecting the database just involves you connecting the db just as your forum does, only you need to manually create the connection code.
I am kinda new to php code. Can anyone provide me a tutorial, please? Thanks!
I doubt anyone wants to write a tutorial on how you specifically integrate your site...
(2011-02-12, 01:08 AM)ii R2 iZ iLL Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anyone wants to write a tutorial on how you specifically integrate your site...

Unless you're willing to spend a little $$$ <.<
It is fine! I will figure it out. Furthermore, I have no money, only resources. I can give a position to you at Hinsmart, offer you free hosting, free search engine hosting, and free advertising etc.

That is all I can give if you want. If not, then I can figure it out by myself, and I have lots of back ups to support me. They are all of my employees.

Jenkin
Your "employees"?
Nahhhh more like volunteers. And this is a very easy job, learn PHP and learn about MySQL... And your set.
So, you just want to be able to use a login form on your website that is connected to your forum's database?

If so, this tutorial should help you somewhat http://community.mybb.com/thread-60422.html