MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding users as non-administrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've installed MyBB for a community wherein one or two people have to be able to create, ban and assign users to groups (there is no open registration). Is it possible to create a user (or a group) with the permissions to do that, without granting them control over the entire site?

Thanks.
Make them leader of all groups. They'll be able to do this via UserCP >> Group memberships.
Thanks. I figured I could just add an administrator and remove many of the privileges, does the job fine for me. But I'll try your idea to see the differences.

Cheers.
Doesn't work for me, since group leaders can't choose to which group a user should be assigned, they can only remove (or add) users. Restricted admin permissions is the way to go, it seems. A lot easier, too, thanks to the detailed admin permissions.
ACP > User & groups > click on the word Super Moderator > General and User & permissions, boxes > Make your desired settings.

While you are there.Go look in the General section and scroll to the bottom.To make sure to do this:

Yes, users of this group can access the admin CP

User & Permissions section is where you can check the Can send warnings to other users? box.

Make sure the person is marked as a Super Moderator in his user account (profile).

Then go to the ACP > User & Groups > Admin Permissions > Click on the name of your Super Moderator > Options > Edit Permissions > Make all the desired settings for THAT person.

This way YOU are still the only Administrator,by title.
Thanks for your reply. I can't find a "Global Moderator" setting or menu anywhere in the ACP's Users & Groups section, however. If you mean that as a wildcard name for the user I need to setup, then I'm even more lost because the sub-menus you refer to are nowhere to be found.

I'm on 1.6, maybe it's moved?
ACP > User & Groups > Groups

Global Moderator should be there since it is a default user group.

Click on the word Global Moderator to get the GENERAL settings to show up.

I forgot to tell you to CLICK on the word Global Moderator.That is why you can not find the general settings box.

Sorry about that.

Added to state that it could be SUPER MODERATORS,is what you are looking for.

I believe the group you are referring to is called Super Moderators...
Yea, I think so. Other than that, the instructions are correct, its just easier to use super moderators as they have the highest default permissions outside admin.
Blush

Now I realize that I forgot to consider the fact,that I changed the words Super Moderator to Global Moderator.I did that over 1 1/2 years ago.

I did that to make it appear more neutral and forum wide in coverage,by meaning.

I think it is Super Moderators is what you should look for.Everything else I wrote is correct.Amazing what one wrong word or phrase can do to throw you off.

Great. Please bear in mind that when you're discovering something new, even a single word can throw you off...

"Global" Moderators would indeed be a more appropriate name imho.

Thanks a lot for your time.