MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I've decided to not us this software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
First off, this software is not search engine friendly.

Second, It seems to be I could only changes the tables and logo. However, that is not what I wanted- I wanted my own header, footer and body. I followed the instructions and the header looked nothing like what my entire website currently shows. Sorry, but this software is as bad as phpbb when it comes to custormizing. There is another script out there that makes life alot easier to custormize. That software could use some Mod coders to add a few minor mods. I think i am going to stick with them.

1) http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=6431

2) You may customize your forum to ACP -> Template OR ACP -> Themes

3) http://mods.mybboard.com

4) Wrong forum.... Moving
Tikitiki,

I read the instructions. I took my very own CSS coding and added it to my forums and it didn't look anything like my layout. So the heck with this software, I am going to stick with what is easier to custormize. First impression means alot to me.
good luck in whatever you choose.

and would love to hear your experiences with whatever that is, good or bad.

silverwing
Seo-Forums Software is by far the easiest to install and custormize. It is also search engine friendly and loads very quickly. It has everything but the private message option, which they are working on adding.
razsports Wrote:Tikitiki,

I read the instructions. I took my very own CSS coding and added it to my forums and it didn't look anything like my layout. So the heck with this software, I am going to stick with what is easier to custormize. First impression means alot to me.
I'd say that you added the code in the wrong place or didn't properly add the css, I've successfully changed/added my own header on a test board of mine. Never had any problems. Wink
Well, here is my current forums, http://www.raz-sports.com/sports-forums

I wanted to take that layout and make it was my forums using the mybboard software. I logged into my admin control panel and took my css coding and first lines of my coding and placed it into the body of my template.

The software is confusing, sorry to say.
I've noticed you only have 4 posts to your name, and they are all in this particular thread. Have you thought of asking for help on how to set up the layout?

I easily adapted MyBB to my site's layout through proper use of the header_include (where I stuck a link to my existing CSS), header, and footer templates (not to mention changing the default theme a ton).
Yes, I did ask for help. I deleted all the old postings, that's why only four show here. I am no so sure I am going to use this software as it's been a real pain in the neck to custormize.
razsports Wrote:I wanted to take that layout and make it was my forums using the mybboard software. I logged into my admin control panel and took my css coding and first lines of my coding and placed it into the body of my template.
You don't put CSS directly into the template, you have to add it the the theme.

AdminCP > Themes > Modify / Delete > *Your Theme* > Click on Go

Then find "Additional CSS" and in the text box add your header CSS.
razsports Wrote:The software is confusing, sorry to say.
No it's not, it's very similar to vB. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4