MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: limit daily posting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way for me to limit daily posting and thread opening on my forum? For example, I do not want people to make more than 10 new threads daily and more than 50 new posts daily. Is there any way I can put a limit on all users?
ACP > Configuration > Posting > Maximum posts per day > add your number

This sets the number of posts allowed per day forum wide.
(2011-02-12, 11:37 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php?tid=829

(2011-02-12, 05:32 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mybbforums.com/showthread.php?tid=7

This is to limit the number of posts a user can make in a day. I want something that limits the number of threads a user can create in a day. Is there anything for that?

(2011-02-12, 05:41 PM)Sunsettommy Wrote: [ -> ]ACP > Configuration > Posting > Maximum posts per day > add your number

This sets the number of posts allowed per day forum wide.

This is not good for me. It will limit the total number of the posts forum wide. I just want to put a restriction on users so they can't make more than 10 threads in a day. I want to do this so people can't spam much.
I can make a slight modification to our script and upload it separately for you, would be easy and I could have it done in a few minutes Smile
(2011-02-12, 07:36 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]I can make a slight modification to our script and upload it separately for you, would be easy and I could have it done in a few minutes Smile

That would be great but will you charge for it?
(2011-02-13, 04:11 PM)EIF Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-12, 07:36 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]I can make a slight modification to our script and upload it separately for you, would be easy and I could have it done in a few minutes Smile

That would be great but will you charge for it?

Well no more than the original plugin, but it is essentially the same plugin and we charge for that so yes. However, it's $10 to become a subscriber on our site, and then you get access to ALL our subscriber plugins and any future updates and plugins, well worth $10 in my opinion Smile.