MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Features of 1.6 (2.0?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, researching forum software for my wordpress 3.0 site. Trying to educate myself to the features of a couple (MyBB, SMF, phpBB3) found some conflicting information on google (no surprise) so here I am to ask...

Hidden threads seem useful are they here?
Detect duplicate threads, necessary?
registration mandated or optional?
ease of integration onto a WP site?
Threading flat vs expanded
RSS syndication to subscribers?

Big issues of the future--accessibility on Android, iPhone and other smart phone?

Also, can you change the interval between searches? I had to wait 20 seconds between searches and that seemed awfully slow

General overview of the ease of installation and usability for someone who is not ready to use code..

Is there a 2.0 version?

Thanks for your time, I can see that this is an active and helpful group
Define 'hidden'...?? You mean in a hidden forum, or unapproved threads that only moderators can see?? Both are possible.

I believe it will show you an error if you try to submit a new thread twice, saying you've already posted it.

Either, you can disable it if you want and manually make accounts if that's what you mean, or you can enable guest postin if you mean you don't have to register to use the forum.

There are WP integrators available.

Not many people use threaded mode, some people say it doesn't work as they expect, some say it works as they expect.

Yes, RSS syndication is available.

Check out GoMobile for a mobile version: http://mybbgm.com

Yes, that's just there to limit the load on the server, you can totally disable it if you want.

Installation takes a few minutes; upload files, make a database and user etc, run the installation script. Remember your host needs PHP 5.1+ (WordPress will require PHP 5.2 soon so this shouldn't be a problem).

2.0 is still in it's early stages of development.

Smile
Matt, thank you for your comprehensive reply, that was exactly the information that I needed. It seemed to me (from what I had read) that there would be some mobile possibly and that (I believe) will be necessary in the future. Appreciate your time, Thanks again,
Don