MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When I move my forum to another domain name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To whom may concern,

I have some issues when moving my forum to another domain name. The look becomes weird (the templates). And some links aren't working, as they still link to the old domain name.

Could somebody tell me how to fix this issue? Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Tsui Jenkin
Did you edit your configuration for the new domain?
No. Can you tell me how to do that, please?

Jenkin
I'm not for certain where it is stored, but if you can access the Admin CP -> Configuration -> General Configuration
You will see Board URL.
Some images and pages rely on this to work correctly.
Thank you very much! Is there anything I need to refresh or delete in the database?

Jenkin
Not that I know of.
No, you'll just need to change your Board URL and Cookie Domain in the ACP.
Hi,

But when I try to login, it always shows as a guests status, which I can never login.

Furthermore, some links are still linked to my old forum's web address.

Jenkin
On your board index, view the page source, and look for the cookie domain javascript variable (it's at the beginning of the source). What does it say?

If still has your old domain listed, edit your ./inc/settings.php, and change the cookie domain variable (around like 47) to your new domain (be sure to include the preceding period too). You may also want to edit the bburl variable (around line 38).
And after you edit them in settings.php, you'll need to edit them again in the ACP.