MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Odd Email Sender in Auto Generated Emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning!

Here's a new one - for some reason my emails that are auto-generated by the forum are sending out with a sender name of ""<> - literally ""<> instead of the name of the board. Does anyone know why?

Thank you,

Steven
Are you using php or smtp as your email?

Can you follow the instructions here to send a test email and see if you get the same result?

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail
I am using PHP

S
Test wen through fine

S
(2011-02-14, 07:57 AM)Streder Wrote: [ -> ]I am using PHP

S
Test wen through fine

S

So the sender was fine with the test email?

Are you using any plugins that might be interfering with the email functions?

Can you run file verification and make sure all the files are valid. File verification can be found under Admincp >> Tools & Maintenance
The only file that comes up as changed is functions.php - that is to be expected as it was modified to contain the needed info for the Google SEO code.

That same file is in use at two other sites also utilizing the plugin, and the emails still send out with the name of the board as the sender and not the ""<> that I get from the problem board.

S
Are the other sites on the same host/server? If they are not I would check the php configuration between the 2 sites. It might be messed up.

If they are on the same server then checkif you have a valid setting set for the following items:

Admincp >> Configuration >> General Configuration >> Board name

Admincp >> Configuration >> General Configuration >> Admin Email

Even if they are set, change them, save, then and set them up again then check if the problem still exists.