MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use maxcdn with MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I was wondering whether anybody of you is using maxcdn or another cdn with a mybb forum. Apparently, maxcdn has a plugin for vbulletin and phpbb but not for mybb Sad.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Here is the link to my forum.

Regards, le.gentleman
Does really nobody know how to make it work?

Thanks, le.gentleman
You don't really need a plugin for this. After setting up your cdn, change the image location in admincp. Theres one or two core edits you'll need to make to support the jscripts and css files.

Moving this to requests to get a better reponse from plugin developers.
Can someone create a guide to CDN-mybb
You honestly don't need it at the size of your forum.

You only need a CDN when your getting a few hundred thousand page views per day and seeing an increased level of bandwidth being used.

But if your dead set on having a CDN, then if you contact labrocca, I'm sure he will tell you what core edits he made. He runs the largest MyBB forum (1 million threads, 10 million posts) and uses maxCDN.
Renegader also plans to write a tut on using MaxCDN with MyBB too - you could wait for that Smile
All that's needed I think is to edit the theme directory to that of your CDN and then see what needs to be changed in the CSS files.
Though this might be a potential job opportunity, I'm also going to agree with everyone here that you don't need a CDN right now. I don't think it can get any faster.