MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: missing forums/threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I create a new category and then new forums for each semester I teach. I am about 6 or 7 semesters into MyBB. I hide previous semesters from my current students, but I can still see them the previous semesters. That is, I thought I could. I can go into the Admin CP and see the forums, from this last semester, but I cannot view then on the main forum. I have checked permissions for the category:

[Image: 103_category-20110213-235110.jpg]

I am the Super Moderator so I should be able to view and post, etc. And, I also give this power to regular moderators since I don't have any beyond me.

I checked the forum permissions inside of the category and it's exactly the same as the category. Why isn't this showing up on my main page like previous semesters before it?

I am running the latest version (upgraded early January).
In the forum options, is "This forum is active" ticked?
Yes.

[Image: mybb_active_forum-20110214-003811.jpg]
This may not help, but it super moderator set as your primary user group or an additional user group?
Administrator is my primary.
Super Mod is my additional user group.
Could you try removing super moderator as your additional group, so you are only in the administrator group? I'm not 100% sure if this is what is causing the issue, but there was a bug which caused permission issues if you were in more than one group.
I was able to move the forum I wanted to another category and it appeared then on the main site. However, another forum that was previously visible is no longer visible (and I hadn't touched it when moving the forum I just noted). Weird.

Let's say I had categories A, B, C, D, and E. Each category has 5 forums (1, 2, 3 . . .).

I can't see D and E. So, I moved E1 to become C6. That worked, but suddenly all of B went invisible. That's what happened. And D and E are still invisible outside of the Admin CP. Except E1, which is now C6.

I hope that makes sense.
Okay, I'll try that.
That did not solve it (removing the additional user group). I realize you'd like to figure this out, but I am fine with the work around of just moving the forums to a different category. It's a bit annoying, but as long as I have my old content then that's good enough for me. Thanks for trying.
There will just be a misconfigured permission somewhere, if it works when moving to another forum there will be something wrong somewhere with the original forum... PM me admin login details if you want me to check them out.