MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 97 SQL queries - Bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2011-02-15, 05:16 AM)Disturbed Wrote: [ -> ]Index is 9 queries.

I am guessing some people have lots of eye candy plugins for their index..

I don't have any eye candy plugins; eye candy on my forum is done via template edits. (An exception is the Tabbed Menu plugin)

Here's my plugin list:
Automove
Contact Form (I may remove this)
Default Avatar
Edit History Log
EzIRC
Fit on Page
MyBB GoMobile
Google SEO
My Awards
My Permissions
View New Topics
Template Conditionals
ProStats (Only using new post/thread setting)
Registration Security Question
Tabbed Menu
Welcome PM/Email
Undo Delete
I didn't read the whole thread, only the first post actually. If you've got a "online 24 hours" plugin installed + Google SEO with profile links feature enabled, either disable the profile links feature or the 24 hours plugin. Even though Google SEO caches "parsed" usernames (to not parse them twice or more), it needs to parse the usernames first so if you've got 30 users online in the past 24 hours, it will need to run 30 queries.

Edit:After posting this I read your last post, check the advanced details and check the queries that are run, you'll be able to figure out which ones are "extra" I guess.
I have a fair few queries running on LeeFish - the biggest "offender" is my showthread in my downloads area - comes in at a whopping 44 queries...... What I would like to do is see the debug info re number of users when I am NOT logged in as admin, but as a guest.

I think that there are some queries that are only running because I am the admin.
(2011-02-15, 09:48 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't read the whole thread, only the first post actually. If you've got a "online 24 hours" plugin installed + Google SEO with profile links feature enabled, either disable the profile links feature or the 24 hours plugin. Even though Google SEO caches "parsed" usernames (to not parse them twice or more), it needs to parse the usernames first so if you've got 30 users online in the past 24 hours, it will need to run 30 queries.

Edit:After posting this I read your last post, check the advanced details and check the queries that are run, you'll be able to figure out which ones are "extra" I guess.

I don't have the Online24 plugin. (But thanks for letting us know)

And uh, most of the queries interact with default MyBB tables so I can't tell which plugins are adding the most.
(2011-02-15, 10:00 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]And uh, most of the queries interact with fefault MyBB tables so I can't tell which plugins are adding the most.

You can start looking at the debug and if its froma query, it will give you the hook its using. That is a start to deciphering which plugins are doing what.

You just need to do the leg work to match up the query, the hook and the plugin.
My Online24 plugin at Central is just one query btw. What normally is a big offender is anything with ajax, shoutboxes, or site stats. Google SEO if configured for all options can also be many queries but not sure how many.
(2011-02-15, 04:33 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Is that index?

Yes.
It's changing quite a lot atm while I try to finish upgrading to 5.5.
When you start to have DB problems and are forced to take out features members will not be happy. The focus should be adding features not taking them away. Whatever you're running that is adding 85+ queries should be fixed asap.
Google SEO is using loads. I can remove that when I need to, members probably wont even notice.
Google SEO is the worst thing you can disabled after it's been running. You could ruin your entire Google positions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6