MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [BUG] return in future is as past
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
you stated
Quote:In 2038, this number can no longer be represented by 32 bit machines. If MyBB is still around in 2030 (when this might be a problem), we won't be using 32 bit machines

i replied by telling you this is not correct. which it isn't. 32bit is capable of calculating up to 2199+.
currently Software such as windows xp can only set years of up to 2099.

i also stated that is a software limitation (which it is and which that link you send me to enforces)

Wink one of the first things you learn in IT is about the capabilities of 32bit hardware.

also from what i've found, the earliest date a system can go back to is 1975

the main problem lies in the design of Unix and how it is limited to a certain algorythm for defining the max time it can keep.

this has actually been bypassed by addressing a loophole in 32bit processors that allow a 48bit address space to be used, by mapping the process space into ram and emulating Large Blocks in memory.
Well maybe - but mybb only runs on php not C++ Toungue
exactly. but it is still run on an Operating system which can take full advantage of this loophole if it is patched to take advantage of it Wink.

and if you wanna get technical it does end up running on C++ Wink as the PHP is run via an OS which is designed with C++ Wink

lol.. sorry.. being a smart arse now Toungue
Can we get back on topic please Smile
Sorry Sad

well this bug has been explained. so i won't post here again Smile
So, should we mark this bogus considering its a bug with PHP (or what ever you want to call it), not MyBB?

P.S.
.Lou Wrote:When you set your forum status to away in the year 2222 it says that you cannot return in the past. Strange though.

I don't think any of us will be back in 200 years Toungue
Maybe MyBB will still being developed then. :o
Then I'm sure they'll have released a fix or patch, or maybe it will just support it because we will be running on 128 bit proccessors by then Toungue
Pages: 1 2