MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Page not Found.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue #1

My url is www.cogunowners.com

I upgraded to 1.6 from 1.4.11. My FTP is FileZilla.

I uploaded the "Upload" folder. I told it to overwrite existing copies.

I CHMOD'd the 8 files as instructed by changing permissions to 777.

Step 6 instructs to go to "www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php". When I do this I get a page not found error.

Here is the text of the error:
The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1) You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

2)The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

3)The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

Issue #2

In the upgrade instructions it reads to "5.CHMOD the following. CHMOD files to 666 (or 777, whatever suits your server) and directories to 777:
'.
I understood the above statement to mean that the directories of each file listed needed to be moded to 777 also. That said. In FileZilla when you change the permissions of a file it gives you a check box option to apply to all files and directories.

I selected that option. Was that the correct thing to do?

Thank you for your time in answering.
You just have to install it now... So what ever you upload it in its your address http://www.congunowners.com/mybb/install
What ever you installed it under sometimes it is /forum/install sometimes mybb_1601/install I dont know how to figure out what you installed it under maybe someone could explain a little more in detail.

EDIT:
Just read this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-78422-p...#pid626474
(2011-02-15, 03:23 AM)Noreturn Wrote: [ -> ]You just have to install it now... So what ever you upload it in its your address http://www.congunowners.com/mybb/install
What ever you installed it under sometimes it is /forum/install sometimes mybb_1601/install I dont know how to figure out what you installed it under maybe someone could explain a little more in detail.

The instructions say:

Step 6:
instructs to go to "www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php"

Step 7:You will see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from. Be sure you select the correct version you are currently using or else the upgrade will not work correctly or completely!

Why would I go to a different address than what is instructed? I will try this though.
http://www.cogunowners.com/install/upgrade.php

There is the link now just remove the "Lock" in cpanel and your set to go.
Noreturn. Thanks. Upgrade successfull. Do you have any idea for an answer to my Issue #2?
Yes that's just fine dude Big Grin enjoy

Your welcome for help ya no worries let me know if you need anything else.
(2011-02-15, 03:37 AM)Beau Wrote: [ -> ]The instructions say:

Step 6:

Step 7:You will see a drop down list asking what version of MyBB you're upgrading from. Be sure you select the correct version you are currently using or else the upgrade will not work correctly or completely!

Why would I go to a different address than what is instructed? I will try this though.

Because that's an example URL, we have no idea what your actual URL is do we. 'forumfolder' means if your forum is at domain.com/forum/ or something. We've changed the wording of this around a few times and no matter what we change it to, some people still don't understand it.
(2011-02-15, 10:19 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-15, 03:37 AM)Beau Wrote: [ -> ]The instructions say:

Step 6:

Because that's an example URL, we have no idea what your actual URL is do we. 'forumfolder' means if your forum is at domain.com/forum/ or something. We've changed the wording of this around a few times and no matter what we change it to, some people still don't understand it.

Got it all figured out thanks. That post that Noreturn linked to made me realize that forumfolder was not needed in the address.