MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ancient Aliens - tv series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone watched this show yet?

How do you perceive aliens? Do you think they exist or are helping us?

(im totally serious here)
I think the series is awesome. I believe there has to be something else out there (the universe is to big for there not to be), now whether something else has been to earth or not is another story. I mean in less wormholes really do exist and they found a way to control them it's impossible for them to ever reach Earth.

I mean think about it if the speed of light is in theory the fastest anything go in the universe and most of the universe millions of light years away it would take to long to make round trips.
I'm actually downloading it right now. I really like this sort of documentaries.

Regarding them existing or not, I haven't formulated an opinion on it yet, perhaps after watching the whole show.

Watched it, didn't perk my interest. As to aliens, other life does seem more likely then not.
You guys do know that WE might be the aliens. Think about it. One day we will have ships and we will go to different planets where people will see aliens. We might be the only ones who are this smart at this point in time.
(2011-02-15, 03:57 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Watched it, didn't perk my interest. As to aliens, other life does seem more likely then not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
Smile knock yourself out Toungue
(2011-02-15, 05:24 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]You guys do know that WE might be the aliens. Think about it. One day we will have ships and we will go to different planets where people will see aliens. We might be the only ones who are this smart at this point in time.
Who said aliens had to be the smart ones...?

There has to be other life out there. The universe is enormous, and I'll be honest people who don't believe in aliens are narrow minded, no offense of course.

You can very well have your opinion, but please use logic before you decide. They don't need to be little green people, they could be anything. Which is why I'm sure there is life out there.

In regards to the series it sounds exciting, I'll keep an eye out for it.
The series is good, is isn't excellent because they repeat themselves too much in my opinion.

I obviously believe in extra terrestrial life, I wouldn't be rational if I didn't.
Think about it, studies preview that there may exist 100 to 200 billion galaxies in the Universe.
Each galaxy has an "habitable zone", if you're too close you can't stand so much radiation, if you're too far your planet will not have heavy elements necessary for complex life to develop.
Now each solar system has an habitable zone as well, which may vary, it depends on the star, the other planets and other cosmic objects of course.

Taking into consideration the number of galaxies estimated to exist, the probability of existing extra terrestrial life is definitely far from 0.

@Alex Smith worm holes may exist, laws of physics do not rule out the theory. At a particle level (near Planck length), where space and time warp naturally, it is thought that small wormholes are created and it would then be possible to enlarge them to something where a human could fit in (but it would probably require gigantic amounts of energy to enlarge them, I'm not an expert). Of course these are all theories, I believe them though.

Also interesting to read and watch:
http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2009/10/2...ion-works/

And for wormholes:
http://www.physlib.com/worm_holes.html
Anything about space and aliens is interesting too me, as for believing in life else where in the universe, I'd say Derek summed that up pretty good:

(2011-02-15, 10:32 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]There has to be other life out there. The universe is enormous, and I'll be honest people who don't believe in aliens are narrow minded, no offense of course.