MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoingOnce - MyBB's First Marketplace Community!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-02-16, 01:41 AM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]So, why the heck are you reading this topic? Get out there and exchange and contribute to the community.

Exchange with what community?

Quote:Our members have made a total of 2 posts in 2 threads.
We currently have 2 members registered.

The theme looks okay but seriously, add some content that'd make anyone interested enough into registering!!

(2011-02-16, 04:06 AM)Matt G Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-16, 04:00 AM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-16, 03:50 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]The idea isn't too original tbh, just certain aspects of it.

I like the theme, but get a domain name & real host if you want to succeed.

Would you please define what a "real host" is?

Meaning root access to files and ftp.
Yep, exactly. Where you can freely make customizations, and can be guaranteed good service/uptime. Now I'm not saying Icyboards doesn't have that (never been there), but free hosts can easily back out on you.

Nothing is innovative about this and your money system has no real world value for anyone to get anything out of using it. What measures have you put in place to stop piracy? How can anyone trust you as a marketplace to sell their goods and buy their goods even if your money system has no real value you still deal with items that people have developed.
I wonder whether its like, The staff sell products and members buy it, or Member to member deals?

If its a staff to member marketplace, at a point, it will become extremely hard for you too meet all demands at a time. And if its a member to member marketplace, then Forum cash won't have a value.

I had though about this idea a year before. But i drop that idea due to above mentioned issues. Without a TLD and hosting, people won't try to join.

So, try to get a domain. Good luck.
(2011-02-16, 12:54 PM)theassassino Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing is innovative about this and your money system has no real world value for anyone to get anything out of using it. What measures have you put in place to stop piracy? How can anyone trust you as a marketplace to sell their goods and buy their goods even if your money system has no real value you still deal with items that people have developed.

Apparentnly you don't understand the concept at all.

You buy designs using forum money which you earn through posting. My forum gets posts, the members get free skins. You only see a small watermarked image before buying a design. When you buy it you get the full original psd. Once a person buys a design, its theirs and nobody else may buy it. This allows members to get unique themes specifically for their forums and nobody elses.
(2011-02-16, 01:32 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-16, 12:54 PM)theassassino Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing is innovative about this and your money system has no real world value for anyone to get anything out of using it. What measures have you put in place to stop piracy? How can anyone trust you as a marketplace to sell their goods and buy their goods even if your money system has no real value you still deal with items that people have developed.

You buy designs using forum money which you earn through posting. My forum gets posts, the members get free skins. You only see a small watermarked image before buying a design. When you buy it you get the full original psd. Once a person buys a design, its theirs and nobody else may buy it. This allows members to get unique themes specifically for their forums and nobody elses.

Eventually, you will not be able to keep up with demand, if your forum gets popular.
(2011-02-16, 01:32 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]

No my argument still stands. To have real world value you must allow tokens to be withdrawn in some currency people can use outside of your website. What's stopping me to going to a design agency and getting a theme made a lot less fuss then making hundreds of posts on a forum that has no quality control and an impossible amount of items to moderate.
I'm pretty sure lots of established forums such as forumpromotion.com have implemented similar systems in which currency gained via posts can be traded for domains/sites/themes and services such as advertising.

Don't take this the wrong way but developing ideas often requires a reality check and I've already dropped a hint at what you should add in these posts ^^
No real world currency is needed.
Are you mentally retarded?
Lol forumpromotion? It's forumpromotion.net bro. I have over 1,000 posts there. I have owned and operated more successful forums than you have even joined.

Hmmm, to everyone else, would you rather pay someone real money to make you a decent theme, or make 50 posts to get a high quality theme?

Please leave my topic, because clearly you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
(2011-02-16, 04:57 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]No real world currency is needed.
Lol forumpromotion? It's forumpromotion.net bro. I have over 1,000 posts there. I have owned and operated more successful forums than you have even joined.

Hmmm, to everyone else, would you rather pay someone real money to make you a decent theme, or make 50 posts to get a high quality theme?

Please leave my topic, because clearly you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

That wasn't very nice was it?

I got .net/com mixed up easy mistake to make you knew the site I was talking about clearly. And the fact that you said "I have owned and operated more successful forums then you have ever joined" shows how immature your attitude.

Why not show us some forums your owned and operated apart from this one.

Your second argument is also childish because your basically saying if people make 50 posts they're going to get a better theme them someone paying real money to a designer.

Get your act together if you can't behave yourself on a forum such as this how do you expect people to act on your forum.

Also my argument still stands Big Grin
(2011-02-16, 04:57 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]No real world currency is needed.

Actually, he's quite correct in a sense. The demand will rise insanely and you won't be able to keep up unless you have like 50 designers working 24/7.

And, we're here to give you feedback, you could take it nicely... Undecided
Pages: 1 2 3