MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTabs - Tabbed Forum Browsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(2011-02-24, 04:58 AM)Shiny Wrote: [ -> ]wow.
really great.. thanks mate for releasing it for free! Big Grin

----

its working,. but the problem is, all the extra content i put in index template is affected when i click the tab, the contents disappeared..
but if the content is in header template, there's no problem..
i dont know what template should i have to edit in able to stay the extra content on my forum's index page.

Upgraded to v1.22 to fix these issues. All tab menu / content is generated at index_end, and modifies the $forums variable. (Which is after the header template)

To upgrade- Just re-upload the files.
(2011-02-24, 07:13 AM)Revenger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-24, 04:58 AM)Shiny Wrote: [ -> ]wow.
really great.. thanks mate for releasing it for free! Big Grin

----

its working,. but the problem is, all the extra content i put in index template is affected when i click the tab, the contents disappeared..
but if the content is in header template, there's no problem..
i dont know what template should i have to edit in able to stay the extra content on my forum's index page.

Upgraded to v1.22 to fix these issues. All tab menu / content is generated at index_end, and modifies the $forums variable. (Which is after the header template)

To upgrade- Just re-upload the files.
works like a charm!
Thank you so much! Smile

The tabs are kinda ulgy try and make it more slick.
(2011-02-24, 08:01 AM)Shiny Wrote: [ -> ]works like a charm!
Thank you so much! :)

Glad it works :)

(2011-02-25, 12:44 AM)Noreturn Wrote: [ -> ]The tabs are kinda ulgy try and make it more slick.

You can completely customize the style of the tabs. I'm not the best designer, so I just made something simple. Also, some people have custom themes with different stylesheets, etc, so I just made something that would work on any forum.
Just an FYI your code doesn't validate. It's an easy fix and since MyBB default is XHTML transitional compliant it would be nice if you fixed your plugin to also validate.
It didn't work with me:s
I use the theme apart 1 and leaved everything blank.
and i still have no tabs Sad
(2011-02-25, 06:08 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI your code doesn't validate. It's an easy fix and since MyBB default is XHTML transitional compliant it would be nice if you fixed your plugin to also validate.

Thank you, just having trouble figuring out what's wrong with it right now. Going to look into it more over the weekend, as I'm not making much progress atm, and I have work soon.

(2011-02-25, 09:14 PM)darkvortex Wrote: [ -> ]It didn't work with me:s
I use the theme apart 1 and leaved everything blank.
and i still have no tabs Sad

Please take a picture of your tab layout.

Remember, when selecting the forums to go with each tab, you must also select all the parent forums for that forum (the categories).
Here you have 3 pictures of it.
As you can see evrything has vanished :s
(2011-02-25, 09:45 PM)darkvortex Wrote: [ -> ]Here you have 3 pictures of it.
As you can see evrything has vanished :s

Hmm, would you mind making a temp admin account so I could test it?

I am not sure what the problem would be, unless you had an outdated version. It seems like you selected the right categories, too, so it should be working properly.
Upgraded to version 1.30

MyBB Mods site still didn't approve the updates, but w/e.

Changes:

Added AJAX-style switching (loads tab content when clicked).
User CP option now to let individual users set their own default tab.
w3 validated when using AJAX on.
Fixed the parent forum selecting issue, you no longer need to select each parent forum, just select the forums you want to show in the tab.
Better handling, fixed ordering problem from before, and minor bug patches with hidden tabs.

* Note: Upgrading from 1.22 => 1.30 requires you to upload the files, and click "Save Settings" under your "Settings" in the ACP where "MyTabs" is located.

The alternative is to deactive/activate the plugin, but you will lose your data if you do that. Although if you don't mind re-making the tabs, this may be easier.

Took your advice Labrocca, and made it w3 validated (with the AJAX version)
Also added Darrell's idea for user-selected default tab (you can see it under "Edit Options" in the user-cp, it's under the "Forum Display" group)

This plugin is starting to become pretty advanced now, so any big suggestions/criticism will be much appreciated.
I could fix it with this code
<ul class="idTabs"> 
  <li><a href="#jquery">jQuery</a></li> 
  <li><a href="#official">Tabs 3</a></li> 
</ul> 
<div id="jquery">If you haven't checked out ...</div> 
<div id="official">idTabs is only a simple ...</div>
I found it on a basic website and it worked fine Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21