MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTabs - Tabbed Forum Browsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
v1.31 released

Changes:
- Internet Explorer fix when using AJAX switching (thanks for reporting this JoeNewYork)
- Speed improvements when clicking new tab (AJAX)
- Fixed problems with tab menu not showing up (trimmed white spaces before checking empty)

Keep posting bugs, and I will try to fix them. 1.31 should fix all the current bugs.

Enjoy :)
Thanks for quick fix
Wonderful plugin!
is there an option to turn off ajax and use the alternative way?
I like to keep my js to a minimum, also it gives me a unique URL to that specific category.
Speaking of URL, how about instead of URL being "tab=2"
it should be "tab=games", better for seo, also, in case you change the tab order, old links would continue to work.

Just suggestions, but in any case, this plugin is one of my favorites, great job! It should be included in the core in my opinion.
Ohh yeas.
Good plugin.
(2011-03-01, 07:27 AM)JoeNewYork Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for quick fix
Wonderful plugin!
is there an option to turn off ajax and use the alternative way?
I like to keep my js to a minimum, also it gives me a unique URL to that specific category.
Speaking of URL, how about instead of URL being "tab=2"
it should be "tab=games", better for seo, also, in case you change the tab order, old links would continue to work.

Just suggestions, but in any case, this plugin is one of my favorites, great job! It should be included in the core in my opinion.

I'll think about the url being the name, but I'm not sure due to conflict in the names. Anyway, if you change order, you'll still be fine as the links are generated based on the tab ID in the database, not the order.

Also, there is a setting to disable AJAX and use the regular javascript version. For users that have javascript disabled, it uses the links (whether you're using AJAX or not).

Thanks for the feedback :)

(2011-03-01, 09:57 AM)Bozkara Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh yeas.
Good plugin.

Ah, at last. An easily customizable tab plugin, unlike labrocca's, which needs major work to just change the colors.
I have a new suggestion, (since you like feedback)

How about a possibility to add a tab with a custom link, so you are not limited just to displaying categories.

I want to have a tab that would display all recent posts, similar to vanilla forums, its the one thing that makes me consider vanilla.

But the possibilities are endless, one will be able to give quick acces to certain search results, a hot thread etc.
in essence it will turn it into a plugin that can set your default main page to any page you chose. (since you can chose your default tab).

I have discussed these subjects here
http://community.mybb.com/thread-88889-p...#pid650068
(2011-03-02, 04:17 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, at last. An easily customizable tab plugin, unlike labrocca's, which needs major work to just change the colors.

Changing the colours for Labrocca's plug-in takes under 2 minutes in tabbed.css.
Hi,
above the list of divisions appeared "categories". After selecting the foot of either disappears. On the other templates, this problem does not occur.

Can you help me?
(2011-03-01, 11:05 PM)bomfile Wrote: [ -> ]Turkish:

http://forum.mybbdestek.com/konu-sekme-e...urkce-ajax

Thank you :)

(2011-03-02, 04:17 AM)Lith Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, at last. An easily customizable tab plugin, unlike labrocca's, which needs major work to just change the colors.

Glad you like it :)

(2011-03-02, 05:32 AM)JoeNewYork Wrote: [ -> ]I have a new suggestion, (since you like feedback)

How about a possibility to add a tab with a custom link, so you are not limited just to displaying categories.

I want to have a tab that would display all recent posts, similar to vanilla forums, its the one thing that makes me consider vanilla.

But the possibilities are endless, one will be able to give quick acces to certain search results, a hot thread etc.
in essence it will turn it into a plugin that can set your default main page to any page you chose. (since you can chose your default tab).

I have discussed these subjects here
http://community.mybb.com/thread-88889-p...#pid650068

Yes, that will be implemented in the next update, as it is a good idea.

(2011-03-03, 05:41 PM)albatros_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
above the list of divisions appeared "categories". After selecting the foot of either disappears. On the other templates, this problem does not occur.

Can you help me?

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to tell me, could you explain further?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21