MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple Captcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Download from first post - I updated plugin in mods database and it's waiting for validation.
According to problem with MyBB package:
http://blog.mybb.com/2012/02/14/problems...e-package/

Plugin package has been updated (without change version).
Thank you Looks nice and works well cheers
Version 2.0.7
- Add contrib files for MyBB 1.6.7
Version 2.0.8
- Add contrib files for MyBB 1.6.8
Version 2.8.1
- Fix problem with variable name and convert to string error
- Change version system
I feel like an idiot. I simply cannot get this plugin to work. I upload simpleCaptcha.php to the permit/forum/inc/plugins folder. I get the same error reported in another message: /home/californ/public_html/permit/forum/inc/languages/english/admin/simpleCaptcha.lang.php does not exist

I've been working with WordPress but am new to MyBB. Please be gentle with me. Thanks.

Tony Lima
Huh

(2012-11-07, 10:42 PM)tonylima Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like an idiot. I simply cannot get this plugin to work. I upload simpleCaptcha.php to the permit/forum/inc/plugins folder. I get the same error reported in another message: /home/californ/public_html/permit/forum/inc/languages/english/admin/simpleCaptcha.lang.php does not exist

I've been working with WordPress but am new to MyBB. Please be gentle with me. Thanks.

Tony Lima
Huh

Never mind, I figured it out. #hackingisfun
Version 2.9
* change license to LGPL v3
* update readme to MyBB 1.6.10
(2013-04-27, 06:58 PM)lukasamd Wrote: [ -> ]Version 2.9
* change license to LGPL v3
* update readme to MyBB 1.6.10

Greatest anti-Spam plugin ever. It's the backbone of why we get very little spam http://kritterbox.com
Now upon upgrading to 1.6.10 (locally on a WAMP server for testing until we get the bugs worked out.) the register portion of the latest plugin (for 1.6.10) works like a charm.
However I followed your instructions to the letter on editing the post new thread, post new reply php respectively, and the simple captcha refuses to show up.
I can only make it function on the register portion. It's of utmost importance we have it functioning properly on the post new thread, post new reply php as we allow guest posting on our forum and this was the best spam deterrent ever.
I can gladly post my modified code if you require that to make a determination on how this can be rectified.
Thanks in advance! Big Grin
JR
Ok, problem solved.

We replaced {$captcha} with {$simple_captcha}{$regimage} in the new reply and new thread templates. Works great, thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6