MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turn off the case insensitive of Image verification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

My users are older people I know how to turn off the Image Verification
but is it possible to turn the case insensitive to not case insensitive?
My second question is how to change the font size I use Apart 1 theme?
What, so you want to make it case sensitive...?? Undecided That will only make it harder to solve if you've got letter that look the same when they're upper and lower case...

Edit the fint size in the global.css for theme in the ACP.

woow that was fast reply

i want keep the image verification but can i turn off the case insensitive?
let me show you on this pic....

[Image: 2zqg7x2.jpg]
Yeah, I'm not sure you're understanding this... case insensitive means you just have to get the letter right, you don't have to get the case right. So as it says M in there, you can put in M or m and it will accept it. If you turn off case insensitivity, it means that only M will work, and m will not. This will make it much harder for people to solve the CAPTCHA, not easier. What about the letters C O P S U V W X Y Z...?? You won't be able to tell if it's an upper or lower case letter, and you're saying you want people to have to get the case right too, which with those letters, is impossible.
I thought that i could turn off it so that if you write small or large letter M or m was the same but if it becomes more difficult than that, then let me be as it is if they complain then I can turn it off completely.

Thanks
You're still not understanding it... what you explained there is exactly what case insensitive means. It will already allow M or m, that's exactly what I'm saying. Look, why don't you try it. Load a CAPTCHA, and type the letters in the opposite case to what the image says. It will still work. Look at this:

[attachment=21626]

All of the letters are the opposite case to what the image shows, but it has still accepted it, because it does not matter what the case is. That is what case insensitive means. The way you want it to work, is exactly the way it already works.
I understand the whole thing now, thanks for your patience

one more thing how can I add links on the header next to Search Member Calendar!!
ACP -> Templates and Style -> Themes -> *Your Theme* -> Header Templates -> Header.

Look for the search, memberlist, calender links, and then make a new link under them. (if you aren't familiar with HTML, use the calender link as an example)