MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Location on registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have many many users that do not put there correct location in the default Location on registration. I find this VERY old. Most forums you can select your proper country. I think this is a major flaw in mybb. Can a mod be developed for this??
What exactly would you want to plugin to do? Make a dropdown menu requiring the user to select their country?
This can be done with just a Custom Profile Field. Just copy n paste a list of all countries into the textarea, and create your profile field!
I have a plugin for this, although its not necessary , as said above it can be done using custom profile fields.

http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php?tid=547
(2011-02-17, 08:14 PM)Pixovee Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly would you want to plugin to do? Make a dropdown menu requiring the user to select their country?
This can be done with just a Custom Profile Field. Just copy n paste a list of all countries into the textarea, and create your profile field!

Thanks for that ill look into it, didnt realize it could be done that way thankyou!
(2011-02-19, 01:09 PM)Rapodo Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for that ill look into it, didnt realize it could be done that way thankyou!

No prob, glad I could help! If you can do something without a plugin you're better off.