MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unwanted HTML characters after merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I merged my SMF 2 RC3 board with a test setup of MyBB 1.6. Looking through the threads on the merged board, I noticed for example that double quotes in titles got converted to ", and ampersands in signatures got converted to &.

Could someone explain to me why that is (these characters display correctly in messages themselves), and how I deal with this?
Do you mean the thread titles are messed up, but the thread content is not?
(2011-02-16, 09:12 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean the thread titles are messed up, but the thread content is not?

Yes, for example a thread that should look like

It is called a "title"

instead now looks like

It is called a "title"

The same goes for signatures, but thread content is not affected by this.
Ok, the 1.6.1 Merge System got released today. Please go download and try that version. This was resolved in 1.6.1 with Bug #1251.
Thanks, I will try it later today.
There were some problems with corrupted files in the initial zip for this. If you have downloaded it, please redownload and start again. My apologies for this.
Van, is this solved?
(2011-03-01, 01:49 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Van, is this solved?

Not quite: in the thread title where double quotes showed up as html chars, the title is now correct, but the title above each post in the thread are now html chars (which were correct with the older merge system).
Ok Van, I've opened a new Bug Report, which contains a fix that you can implement yourself in order to correct the issue with this happening in posts. Sorry for taking so long to reply, I missed you replying to me.
Thanks, the problem is now solved!