MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't login as Admin on AdminCP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When trying to log into the Admin CP, the page just refreshes.

Checked settings in Settings.php, all good.

I can log into the forum and post with no problem. However i did notice my name in the "Who's online" section is just a normal user.

Just moved from a free host to linux box running LAMP on ubuntu.

Process:
Copied all files 'as is' from free host to local server.
Imported DB from backup.

Any help would be appreciated Blush

Thanks

Opti
Sounds like you're not in the admin group. Run this query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `usergroup` = '4' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Change the 1 to your UID if it isn't 1.
Wow - quick reply Big Grin

Thanks for that, will have to try in the morning, don't have access to the DB from here Sad

Opti
Ran the query, but still cannot log in. Sad

Checked my details in the mybb_users table and i am listed as being in the correct group. (The other Admin for the board also shows as a standard user, checked his group and he is also still listed as being in the admin group)

Also still showing as a regular user in the who's online section. Angry

Opti
You may not appear as an admin because:

A - Your display group is messed up
B - The administrators don't have a unique color anymore.

Does the Admin group still have access to the ACP?
You must have changed something else here then... PM me phpMyAdmin login details...
(2011-02-17, 09:57 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You must have changed something else here then... PM me phpMyAdmin login details...

Sent Cool

Opti
Oh, I see why the query didn't work, you've got two MyBB forums stored in the same database and they have different table prefixes, the query would have affected tables for a 1.2 forum that's in your database. In the 1.4 database your usergroup was 0, changed it to 4, so it should be working now. There are a few other people with a usergroup of 0 as well, but you can change their groups to what they need to be in the ACP.

You're also running a version of 1.4 that's a year and a half old, and you've set it to publicly display your version in the footer too... not a good idea if you're running such an old version. You need to upgrade to at least 1.4.14 if you don't want to go to 1.6.1 yet.
Many thanks for sorting me out Matt Big Grin

I have no idea how i have tables for a 1.2 forum Huh (Unless i used to run v1.2 many years ago and they have always been there Confused)

Thanks for the tip on showing the version, never even thought of that.

My old host got terrible with its connection, so was worried about updating. (Took around 40 attempts to get a complete copy of my DB tables Sad)

Now that its moved to a better location, upgrading will be my next step.

Thanks again for helping me out, greatly appreciate it Cool

Opti
Not had a chance to get back on here for a while, but i am still experiencing some of the same issues. Blush

Once i change my usergroup to 4 in phpmyadmin i can log into the ACP. But after a few hours it reverts back. Initially i thought it was because i didnt edit my own account details in the ACP, but i have tried that and getting the same issue. Huh

Around 15-20 users had also been changed to usergroup 0 (including the 2 admins). I went through the process of changing them to the correct usergroup in phpmyadmin and also by editing the users individually in the ACP.

Some of the users are now ok, but around 5-6 keep reverting back to usergroup 0. Angry

Do you have any suggestions on what this could be?

Addition: Do you think upgrading to 1.6 would sort any of these issues out?

Cheers

Opti
You must have something running then that's changing it back, it's not just going to change all by itself. Have you setup any group promotions or anything??
Pages: 1 2