MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have problems installing plugins.

Plugins refusing to work. I've tried all of the plugins on a separate mybb installation and they work. But I've got no idea why are they not working on my current's installation.

current copy of mybb is on forced SSL but I've even went as much as to force another new copy's mybb with SSL and the plugins work.

mybb version - 1.6

The only way I've found out to revert are to migrate my posts, threads, users, plugins, settings to a brand new installation. But how do I get to doing that?
Could you run file verification tool under Admincp >> Tools and Maintenance to see if any files are changed?

The only thing I can think of is maybe you at some time set the NO_PLUGINS global to disable the plugins that should show up as changed global.php file.

Otherwise if you need to migrate then just install the new board and use the merge scripts to merge it in to the new one.
showthread.php Changed
images/star_rating.gif Changed
images/smilies/smile.gif Changed
images/smilies/undecided.gif Changed
images/smilies/angry.gif Changed
images/buddy_offline.gif Changed
images/buddy_online.gif Changed
reputation.php Changed
inc/class_core.php Changed
inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php Changed
global.php

All these are changed. And I didn't touch NO_PLUGINS at all. hmm. strange.
Well, the plugin shows up, I can activate them. They get into the SQL db when activated and necessary tables got added too. But what I can't figure out is they don't work.
Did you change/edit these files?
showthread.php Changed
reputation.php Changed
inc/class_core.php Changed
inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php Changed
global.php

If you didn't change them then can you re-upload and replace those files from a fresh copy of mybb(same as your installed version) and check after that?
Yes. I changed them.

I removed the ajax in showthread.php as it was causing some problems.
I edited reputation.php to remove the entire user's reputation at one go.
I didn't edit class_core.
Tried replacing them. Still didnt work. The only way to make them work is to merge on a new installation.

But I had a small question. I've tried merging just now. Do I need to manually replace the reputation's tables because the reputation doesnt show up when i merged. And my admin's UID is 1. But when i merged, The UID became 2 and all reputation that I had were all gone.
Don't try and merge forums just because plugins aren't working, there is not anything wrong with your actual forum that means they don't work. Merging forums merges the database, and the database isn't going to be what's stopping plugins from working. If you've not edited ./inc/class_core.php (or ./global.php??) reupload fresh copies, it might be a change in there that's causing it.
I've already reupload fresh copies. It's still not working. At all. Totally.

When I merged mybb. That's the only way everything is gonna start working again.
Can you pm me admincp and ftp details for the pre-merged forum thats having the plugin problem. I'd like to get in and have a look to figure this out.
Trust me, there will be something simple wrong here, merging is not the answer. There was nothing wrong with the original database, and that's all you've merged.
Well, Everything is working 100% right now. No problems with anything after merging.

Strange.