MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme width changer and color changer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Theme width changer and color changer

Hello friends,
i just saw a theme of a software called Discuz,and also i saw this feature in one mybb theme named gradial" by nano skinners,its awesome theme,i agree,
but can we have features of the theme,like
1.width changer
2.color changer

if this gonna be a plugin it would help a lot of people.

here's the theme:
discuz(click usercenter and switch width)
gradial
It would be impossible to make a plugin that works for all themes. However, my latest theme, Dark Revolution, does have an Admin Centre of it's own that allows you to customise colours and a few other things as you want it. I also plan to release a light version with the same features too.
yeah,may be not for all themes,i am hoping to develop one.......
i saw your theme eunator,its good,but its main structure is dark theme,so i couldnt have a lite one....i am hoping for your next release....

width changer is really good for users who use big screens......if this is implemented it would be great as already nanoskinners imported this to mybb.,also a one click color changer as we saw in gradial theme
(2011-02-17, 05:39 PM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]yeah,may be not for all themes,i am hoping to develop one.......
i saw your theme eunator,its good,but its main structure is dark theme,so i couldnt have a lite one....i am hoping for your next release....

width changer is really good for users who use big screens......if this is implemented it would be great as already nanoskinners imported this to mybb.,also a one click color changer as we saw in gradial theme

You could just use a css media query so if someone has a screen width of say 1300px then they would see a fluid theme but any smaller would see a fixed theme.
can you please be more clear????? i didnt get you damion
Using the query below you can change the css based on the users browser width, It wouldn't work on a click event but if they resize there browser.

@media (min-width:1300px) {
#container { width:100%; }
}
yea thnkx for that damion......this is automatic resize....but what i wanted is user click resize......
and even color change......
It's just a jQuery plugin that switches stylesheets.
yeah....dats what i wanted,may be ,anyway good work with gradial scoutie and its really first of its kind in mybb.
but for now,i want to apply it for my theme.so waiting for a tut or a plugin or something
Pages: 1 2