MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error When Importing SMF 2 Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm getting an error when I'm trying to import my SMF 2.0 database over to MyBB. All the steps run fine up until I get to "Threads". I click on Run and I get this error message...

Fatal error: Class 'Converter_Module_Posts' not found in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx.com/mybb/merge/boards/smf2/threads.php on line 18

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Any help would be appreciated.
(2011-02-17, 02:55 PM)lethanforce Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting an error when I'm trying to import my SMF 2.0 database over to MyBB. All the steps run fine up until I get to "Threads". I click on Run and I get this error message...

Fatal error: Class 'Converter_Module_Posts' not found in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx.com/mybb/merge/boards/smf2/threads.php on line 18

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have exactly the same problem.
Anyone?

I found simple and effective solution for this problem. Lightbulb
Don't try this wih new version 1.6.1!
Try importing with older 1.6.0 and everything is importing without errors.
Well, thats weird, somehow the threads.php got overwritten by posts.php for that module. I don't recommend using the 1.6.0 as was suggested above, there were a lot of bugfixes in the code between the two.
Instead try the attached file.
If that doesn't work, I'll find where it got corrupted in the svn tree and get a corrected copy (which I have to do anyways, so the zip can get fixed)

I've gone into the SVN and gotten the correct file for the 1.6.1 merge. I apologize for this getting corrupted in the download, I'll have Tim fix it ASAP. For now the correct file is attached.
Awesome, thanks for the solution Dylan
Much appreciated.
Thanks a lot Dylan for fast answer and this important change in Merge System 1.6.1 !
You are the man!

p.s. I must tell other people,
even vB people have not like that fast support.
That is fact.
I love myBB team.
I've replaced the file with the threads.php uploaded here which now gets me past the initial problem, but now I get a new error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1054 - Unknown column 'import_firstpost' in 'field list'
Query:
    INSERT INTO wp_zing_mybb_threads (`import_tid`,`sticky`,`fid`,`firstpost`,`dateline`,`subject`,`prefix`,`poll`,`uid`,`import_uid`,`views`,`closed`,`totalratings`,`notes`,`visible`,`unapprovedposts`,`numratings`,`attachmentcount`,`username`,`lastpost`,`lastposter`,`lastposteruid`,`replies`,`icon`,`deletetime`,`import_poll`,`import_firstpost`) VALUES ('10','0','6','0','1233480043','Chart Wrap : Week 5','0','0','2','1','416','0','0','','1','0','0','0','','0','','0','0','0','0','0','11') 

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks in advance.
I can confirm the "1054 - Unknown column 'import_firstpost' in 'field list'" error, I got the same when importing from smf 1.1.

To get past this issue I added the column "import_firstpost" with a type of "int(11)" to the mybb_threads table.
Just add...

The rest of the import process did not show up any further errors. After the clean up had run, I removed the added "import_firstpost" column manually.
For now use RArch's solution. This is caused by a missing change during the time when I took over primary development of the merge system from Ryan Gordon, and completely my fault. I totally missed adding the code to create this column. Basically he told me it was only in the trunk, not the branch, and I forgot.

I've attached a fixed functions.php, which will require restarting the whole merge (don't forget to restore your backup of MyBB from before you started merging), or you can manually add the column using RArch's comment, and the merge will automatically remove it with the fixed functions.php.

Thanks for finding and reporting bugs so quickly, and apologies for my malf-up.
Just to let you know that I've re-run the merge process with the new function and its looking well Smile
That's what we're here for. Thanks RArch and Dylan for your help.

Really appreciate it!
Pages: 1 2