MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PAYING someone to stop my site being hacked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
g33k - that all sounds great but I know absolutely nothing about all of that stuff and that was why I was hoping I could pay someone to do it.

labrocca - using 1.6.0 - i cant figure out how to update it - im just useless with this stuff. my specialities lie on other areas.
There are known 1.6.0 exploits. Probably why you're being hacked.
and how would I update software to 1.6.1?
You would have to go through all the code unless you update, change it to random generated passwords including "!"£$%^&*(123456789qwertyuiop[]asdfghjkl;'#zxcvbnm,./" This way it is next to impossible, also ban his IP and block proxys from accessing your website. Remove the MyBB version from the footer and anywhere else it is located, this way people cannot tell and are less invited to try exploits.
(2011-02-17, 10:42 PM)rofled Wrote: [ -> ]and how would I update software to 1.6.1?

Instructions for the upgrade are here:

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading
we've actually done something where ive got a programmer to code so that only certain ip's can access my or other staff's accounts.

and everytime they go to a new place/new ip - i can add it to the coding.

i think this should work as he cant access the site, or any staff accounts unless he has the right ip.

what does everyone think?
(2011-02-18, 12:04 AM)rofled Wrote: [ -> ]we've actually done something where ive got a programmer to code so that only certain ip's can access my or other staff's accounts.

and everytime they go to a new place/new ip - i can add it to the coding.

i think this should work as he cant access the site, or any staff accounts unless he has the right ip.

what does everyone think?

You can do this with the admin directory too.

On http://community.mybb.com/thread-44977.html
make it so no proxies are being used to access your website
You still need to upgrade to 1.6.1. Staying on 1.6.0 with known security exploits will continue to get you hacked. It may take longer, but it will happen.
If you still have issues PM me and I'll help you out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4