MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Overall Blog System? Where can I get one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Need a system to set up blog accounts on a new extension domain.

Its the same system ran on public blog registrars as you register an account and then start a blog on an extension.

Note:
I know some systems do it with a auto-install as it just re installs the blog on a new extension (within hosting). I do not need that as I know there are better ways to do it.

Haven't found anything that I need (Up to my standards) since most of what I found are blogs that create writers (I need a system to create blogs) or systems that are private. (Example being blogger.com : The overall system where you can sign up and get your OWN blog. Then you can create writers, sections, etc.)
Simple. Get WordPress and activate Multisite. I use it quite nicely (though I don't let just anyone create one for obvious reasons.)
Not what I am looking for (In standards).
Found Movable Type but unsure if they support multi-blogs.

Any other "core systems"?

The idea is I don't want to get a blogging software (Like wordpress) and then get a component for it to turn it into a core system. (Plus I never liked wordpress)
I want the core system itself, even if it costs a fair penny.

Reading up on MovableTypes they offer what I need but costs around or over $1000. Anything cheaper around?
Also saw a multi-site for joomla but its a dead project.

MovableTypes is a bit weird, they offer pro licenses for 20 users (20 writers/blogs) for 1k. But the open source has the same ability. I'll read more into it but you get the idea.

Looking for other suggestions.
Can't you just purchase IPB or VBulletin, and use their multi blog systems? Other than that I believe Wordpress does indeed offer a "multi site" set up....

http://mu.wordpress.org/
I will be running on MyBB so its either a front end blog system or a plugin for MyBB (Which is no where to be found)

Currently messing around with Movable Typing system and I love it so far. Highly programmable and open source development.

suggestions will be continued to be taken.
I'm sure Drupal could do it but you'll probably want to look into getting some blog modules as the core one is pretty basic.
Well my choices are either drupal, joomla (Project has been dead for a while but there are remakes of it), or movabletypes.

I love movabletypes but its TOS limit me. Don't feel like paying a grand just for a start up project. And with open source (Free) I need to basically recode everything to standards.