MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database error.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm going to tell you what I did step by step.
First: Downloaded and installed the latest version of xampp.
SecondBig Grinownloaded MyBB
Third:extracted the MyBB folder.
Fourth:put the upload folder in my web-server dir.
Fifth:Made a database called mybb
Sixth:went to the web-server
Seventh: Clicked install, then agree, then I filled out the info. Then I filled out the username and password. Then the database name. Then I clicked next and bam there was an error.

Here's a pic for proof:
[Image: 2mhbo02.jpg]
I forgot to mention that it says I already installed it.
What do I do?
Here's another pic of the error:
[Image: inaemo.jpg]
Make sure you're connecting to the same new database you just created as it seems you've connected to a database thats already being registered as installed.

Anyway, if you are sure its the same database you just created and you're sure its empty and new then just click on install, you'll get a warning that all data will be deleted, agree to that and the installation will continue.
What happens if you click the Install MyBB 1.6.1 button and go through it again?? It's redirected back to just ./install/ mid way through the installation which it shouldn't do...

That second error is because MyBB isn't compatible with MySQL 5.5 yet, fixes for that are available here: http://dev.mybb.com/projects/mybb/reposi...sions/5299