MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP! Can not upgrade (error 42)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, uploaded all new files + CHMODed necessary files.
Trying to run install/upgrade.php it gives me this error:

MyBB Internal Error

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Well thats what I am trying to do!! I am not browsing.

HELP. By the way I forgot to switch the board off (or something). Not sure if thats the reason though...

PS: I left old /inc/settings.php file on my server as upgrade.html file said so (however your instructions here http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading says that I should update ALL files)
Again not sure if this thing causes the issue

What I can notunderstand why does it say "Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it." when I am exactly trying to upgrade and not browse (attempting to open upgrade.php file should be clear indication of that)
This shouldn't be happening, what's your URL?
Hi mate. I don't want to share it in public Smile Anyway how could it help if you saw that yourself? I mean its happening, I am not imagining.. Unfortunately Sad
EDIT: I deleted and reloaded install directory and it looks it works. Not sure what happened
BUT LAST QUESTION THOUGH - How come in your instructions here http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading thay say upload ALL files, but in the instructions sent with mybb files they say uoload all files EXCEPT inc/settings.php ?

What happens if you overwrite that file as it is suggested by the link I gave you (and is adviced not to by instructions that comes with files) ???

Quote:Hi mate. I don't want to share it in public

Why, what's stopping you?

We kinda need your URL to troubleshoot it. Suit yourself then.
There's code there to stop it showing this error if you're actually in the upgrader so there was something different about your files, which seemed to have been fixed when you reuploaded the files.

As for overwriting settings.php, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter if it gets deleted or overwritten.
(2011-02-18, 10:10 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]There's code there to stop it showing this error if you're actually in the upgrader so there was something different about your files, which seemed to have been fixed when you reuploaded the files.

As for overwriting settings.php, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter if it gets deleted or overwritten.

Thanks for clearing things up. As for settings file, just curious why does doccumentation/upgrade.html file which is included in script download files says:
Quote:Using an ftp client (FlashFXP, FileZilla, SmartFTP), upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:
./inc/settings.php

If it does not matter? Smile

Just curious, maybe it mattered before and now you simply forgot to remove it from these guidelines? In that case I guess its a heads up Smile

(2011-02-18, 04:28 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]We kinda need your URL to troubleshoot it. Suit yourself then.

I could have pm'ed you. But just curious - how would you trouble shoot just having the url? You would not have any access to ftp or anythng so you would just see the same thing I saw... Unless you would go to see page source code and look for soltion reading it...
Thanks
(2011-02-18, 10:10 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]There's code there to stop it showing this error if you're actually in the upgrader so there was something different about your files, which seemed to have been fixed when you reuploaded the files.

I'm receiving the same error (42) as this user. Unlike as for mybbfan, for me it doesn't work to re-upload the install-folder.

My url is www.mesalia.net/forum/index.php. Help is very much appreciated.
^ visit ~/install/upgrade.php and follow the instructions
Thank you! That appears to do it. ^^