MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user list not updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have www.terwax.com where i installed joomla and forums.terwax.com where i installed mybb.

2 things that are happening.

First, i can't disable board statistics even though i disabled it.

Second i have a lot more users registered on main site and it doesn't show up on the forums, rather a user that registered weeks ago because after he joined, i installed a plugin which allows same login for both sites. It has worked fine but i wish that it'd keep up to date or at least some way to disable it..
1. Double check that no is selected for the 'Show Small Stats Section' setting in the ACP. (under Forum Home)

2. Are you saying users who registered on your main site before the plugin was installed don't show up in the memberlist or do they not show up in the total number of members?
I have no idea what you mean by 1st one Sad

So this guy, m2war registered on my forums. After that i installed plugin and made forums slave and disabled registration. Now when people sign up on main site, they can access the forums but on the forums in that column, it still says m2war when dozens more have registered.
To disable the board stats (I think that is what you are trying to do...) you need to login to the ACP, go to the setings page, click on Forum Home, and find the 'Show Small Stats Section' setting, and select no.
Thanks, removed it.

Also since i disabled the registeration for the forums, is there anyway to change reason?
People think they can't totally sign up for it but they can on main site..
(2011-02-18, 11:15 PM)Terwax Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, removed it.

Also since i disabled the registeration for the forums, is there anyway to change reason?
People think they can't totally sign up for it but they can on main site..

I would edit the template (header_welcomeblock_guest I believe) and edit both the JavaScript declaration and the HTML link to point to your main registration form.
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
<span id="quick_login" class="topsec"><span class="float_right" style="margin-left: 25px; text-align: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}{$shoutbox_link}</span>
{$lang->welcome_guest} <span class="block"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" class="login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a></span>&nbsp;<span class="block"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register" class="register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a></span></span>

Above is on sub domain

I don't know how it'd apply to www.terwax.com - main domain. Help me edit it please =[

(2011-02-19, 06:50 AM)Terwax Wrote: [ -> ]Above is on sub domain

I don't know how it'd apply to www.terwax.com - main domain. Help me edit it please =[

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	lang.username = "{$lang->login_username}";
	lang.password = "{$lang->login_password}";
	lang.login = "{$lang->login}";
	lang.lost_password = " &mdash; <a href=\"{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw\">{$lang->lost_password}<\/a>";
	lang.register_url = " &mdash; <a href=\"http://www.terwax.com/index.php?option=com_user&view=register\">{$lang->welcome_register}<\/a>";
// -->
</script>
<span id="quick_login" class="topsec"><span class="float_right" style="margin-left: 25px; text-align: right;">{$lang->welcome_current_time}{$shoutbox_link}</span>
{$lang->welcome_guest} <span class="block"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" class="login" onclick="MyBB.quickLogin(); return false;">{$lang->welcome_login}</a></span>&nbsp;<span class="block"><a href="http://www.terwax.com/index.php?option=com_user&view=register" class="register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a></span></span>

I simply changed the Register link to your main site's registration form. The JavaScript dynamically changes the whole "Welcome, Guest! Login or Register" message to the login boxes and back again when they lose focus. I updated that definition as well.
OMG thanks!!!

Perfect now

Won't confuse the heck out of registrars lol
(2011-02-19, 08:20 PM)Terwax Wrote: [ -> ]OMG thanks!!!

Perfect now

Won't confuse the heck out of registrars lol

Glad I could help!
Pages: 1 2