MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Require post amount to view certain forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of members (about 6 or 7 per day) register just to view the forum sections that require registration. Is there a way to require a certain post count to view a forum?

Thanks.
Not by default, you would need a modification of some sort.
Has one been made?
I tried that but...it....just did nothing. No errors, it just did nothing and I followed the instructions exactly.
VB has this as a feature. maybe it could be added to MyBB 1.3?
Have you reached the amount in the code?
Remember you need to have the correct IDs for the exisiting groups, and use them in your code.

Moreover, Have you already reashed that amount, and now you still find your-self in the unapropriate group? if yes , then have you run this query in phpmyadmin?
UPDATE mybb_users SET usergroup = 'x', displaygroup = 'x' WHERE postnum >= 'y' AND usergroup = 'z'
x = new goup id
y = minimal post number
z = old group id

see ya
What I did was do your script twice, each test registering a new user.
I dont guess any have understood you.

You know that the code by michael will change your current usergroup when you reach a certain amount of posts. And the current and new usergroup ID should be set within the code. Nothing will change unless you reach the specified amount of posts.

And as i have stated in my previous post, existing member will need this query to be updated, so in case you had a problem with the member before applying michael code, then you need to run this query for once, with the corret info in it.

Many regards