MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users to be able to delete own profile.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think there is a big need for users to be able to delete there own profiles when they want too. This is a major and i think important feature that is missing in this forum. Is there a way for this to be developed?
By profile do you mean account?
Yes to be able to delete there own account, i think this feature is badly needed!
I think I could probably develop a plugin for this pretty quickly... What would you want to happen to their posts?
Posts can stay as it does when you delete an account manually. Usually an account that's been deleted still has the posts with a message under them saying unregistered. I wouldn't be surprised somewhere if there are certain laws somewhere that people must be able to delete there own account. I'm surprised this isn't hard built into mybb.
(2011-02-20, 09:02 AM)Rapodo Wrote: [ -> ]Posts can stay as it does when you delete an account manually. Usually an account that's been deleted still has the posts with a message under them saying unregistered. I wouldn't be surprised somewhere if there are certain laws somewhere that people must be able to delete there own account. I'm surprised this isn't hard built into mybb.

Alright in a little bit when I have a bit of free time I'll work on this for you Smile
Why do you think this is such a necessary feature? What reason does a user have for deleting his account? If they're tired of the site why would they take the trouble and time of deleting their account? If they're angry at the site why would they just delete their account without posting their opinions or even flaming?
There are very few websites that don't allow you to delete your own account due to privacy laws. On a persona note if I joined a forum and got told my account cant be deleted as and when I want it I'm sure I'm not the only one who would report in in breach of privacy laws. If you had a forum with ten thousand members would it not slightly bother you that you have to tell them they can't delete there own account? And how annoying it would be to keep getting asked ?
Privacy laws are always changing and the internet is changing to give the power back to the user. I'd hate to see anyone sued or taken to court over such a small thing that should be easy to add to this forum.
At the moment I have my forum set to ask me to delete the account and I think this is a must for mybb